Veteran Weapons: Alternate Models

• You’ve seen that Halberd icon right? It doesn’t look that much like the in game model does it? That’s because that is the Icon they used in the Alpha, when the Halberd used to look like that. I was thinking that they could bring those and some alternate models in as Veteran weapons. You could complete certain prerequisites, and unlock alternate skins for the weapons. They wouldn’t change the stats, only the look.

For Example: After 500 decapitations you could choose a new skin for the Double Sided Axe. Maybe make it look like an executioners axe. Or maybe after you cut off the arms of 500 enemies with the halberd, you could use that old alternate skin for it. Things like this would make the game a little more personalized.

Any suggestions for other alternate models? I know I have a few Ideas.

• I have a question about the Halberd itself, why was the model changed?

• I believe it was simply that the original model wasn’t detailed enough. The new one is more detailed, but I like the shape of the old one better, which is kinda why I wanna see it make an appearance.

• I seen that beta halberd model and I kinda like it. Hope they bring it back somehow

• Fuck Halberds.

• Bad idea. The weapons need to be easily recognisable so that you can adjust your strategy to them. Even now the knights have a shitload of swords that can be wielded in one hand and in the fray it is kind of difficult to spot which one it is they use. Multiplying the models/skins would really make it overcomplicated.

• I kinda agree with Eleshar, but there should still be some change in weapons, maybe partly gold plated (not completely like in COD https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsa3o7QsxR3oFwyRV0T_2SAwyFNwCiQIcD-bfWDbtewX9Bs-y_tA) or engraved in some extra way.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Bad idea. The weapons need to be easily recognisable so that you can adjust your strategy to them. Even now the knights have a shitload of swords that can be wielded in one hand and in the fray it is kind of difficult to spot which one it is they use. Multiplying the models/skins would really make it overcomplicated.

Personally, I find this to be untrue, though maybe I just have good memory. I know what weapon most of the classes are using at first glance. The only ones I really have trouble with are the daggers, simply because they are so small. Having a few extra models for certain weapons on each class would be nice, and I’m not talking about making them look more similar to each other, I’m talking using the older halberd model and maybe a straight edge version for the Zweihander. Things like that. These weapon models are different enough to be meaningful in certain details like the ricasso on the handle of the Zweihander and the halberd’s shape itself. You would still be able to tell the difference at a mere glance.

• I’d say stick with the trophies idea, but limit it and try not to go near the weapon. The weapon needs to be recognizable from at least medium distance and not having things glowing or fluttering off it to distract.

On the other hand, if we stick with your trophy idea of sorts, we could have things like :

Example: Mason Knight 500 Kills with the Bearded Axe - Unlocks hand trophies. A gruesome trophy of combatants that fell to the Mason Knight in combat hang from his belt, a grim reminder to his future opponents of the fate their hands have if they are to fall to the blood drunk psychopath.

Basically, a few severed hands that are bound by rough wire through the belt of the Mason Knight. Eye catching and still easy to distinguish class, as it does not break the silhouette nor the visual art style.

Shit like that I suppose.

• Reterence:
    I always have problems telling apart knight’s swords, mainly Longsword, SoW, Broadsword, Norse sword, sometimes I manage to confuse Messer and Scimitar. Adding more models for those would really be a bad idea. Vanguard’s swords are easy to tell apart because they look all very different, but the possibilities of a sword look are still kind of limited. Give a straight blade to a zweihänder and it gets confused with greatsword. And don’t even get me started about the axes and maces.

@DokB:

Much better shit than multiplying the weapon looks.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Reterence:
    I always have problems telling apart knight’s swords, mainly Longsword, SoW, Broadsword, Norse sword, sometimes I manage to confuse Messer and Scimitar. Adding more models for those would really be a bad idea. Vanguard’s swords are easy to tell apart because they look all very different, but the possibilities of a sword look are still kind of limited. Give a straight blade to a zweihänder and it gets confused with greatsword. And don’t even get me started about the axes and maces.

@DokB:

Much better shit than multiplying the weapon looks.

I like this idea as well. I was just throwing Ideas around for some extra customization. And I still don’t see how you could mix up weapons like that. The Messer and Falchion are incredibly different. All of the weapons have differences that are incredibly easy to spot. The length of the dane ax over the hatchet. The ricasso of the zweihander. Maybe it’s just my high resolution and attention to detail. Or maybe It’s just because I have so many hours in the game. But heck, it might even help if some weapons had different models. A little more differentiation between the norse sword and broad sword would be nice.

But yea, if not the weapon skin idea, the trophy Idea. Gruesome as it sounds, having a skull for MAA helmet after 1000 decapitations would be cool.