So whats the plan for beta testing

• So in the last beta all the maps were rolled into one server and duel on the other. Actually the duel never worked for me.

So this time, there are probably more people that want to switch to beta, personally I would recommend something like

Beta TO Server 1
    Beta TO Server 2
    Beta Duel Server
    Beta Other maps server

Given that most people play TO over other game types.

But you probably already have something lined up.

• I can’t say for sure, but as far as Maps go, Citadel, Hillside, Frigid (Performance), and Stoneshill (Collision fixes) saw the biggest changes. and in my opinion, need it the most. To a lesser extent, the Duel Map Courtyard.

• @Andrew:

I can’t say for sure, but as far as Maps go, Citadel, Hillside, Frigid (Performance), and Stoneshill (Collision fixes) saw the biggest changes. and in my opinion, need it the most. To a lesser extent, the Duel Map Courtyard.

What was wrong with Hillside?

• @Andrew:

I can’t say for sure, but as far as Maps go, Citadel, Hillside, Frigid (Performance), and Stoneshill (Collision fixes) saw the biggest changes. and in my opinion, need it the most. To a lesser extent, the Duel Map Courtyard.

Though duelling is where parry issues can be tested.

@Skream:

Hillside was a bit defender biased if you had an even team.

• Definitely at least one TO and Duel, and a TDM (we should have the bug with TDM not ending fixed, but it’ll take some testing since it’s hard to reproduce). I suspect we’ll end up adding more servers if the beta is more popular, which I think it will be now that it’s a separate app.

• @Skream:

@Andrew:

There were major collision issues. There were also major balance problems.

• One classic, one TO, one Duel. That should cover it, no?

• @ReMixx:

One classic, one TO, one Duel. That should cover it, no?

I strongly suspect we’ll need more beta servers now that it’s on its own app. Most people didn’t even know how to access the beta before, and the servers were still always populated and some even full/near full. Not to mention the need for NA and European servers.

• @SlyGoat:

@ReMixx:

One classic, one TO, one Duel. That should cover it, no?

I strongly suspect we’ll need more beta servers now that it’s on its own app. Most people didn’t even know how to access the beta before, and the servers were still always populated and some even full/near full. Not to mention the need for NA and European servers.

Yeah the switching was a pain before, this time it seems to me who would not want to go Beta, so many good changes.

Last time Citadel was mixed in with CTF, LTS modes and so it never really got tested properly for balance. Not to mention hardly anyone knew what to even do with the Ballista and everyone was just running around testing the new weapons. But this time everyone knows the maps.

• Will there be an official beta server for people living in Asia? Currently the only two that I’m aware of are:

1. Official Classic Server #17 [32p] - Multiplay (216.185.114.86:7977) Connect to server! (Jurong East, Singapore (general), SG)
    2. Official Classic Server #18 [24p] - Multiplay (216.185.114.86:7777) Connect to server! (Jurong East, Singapore (general), SG)

Will one of these servers offer the beta? Or could a separate beta server be set up?

Thanks! I can’t wait to see the changes! :)

• @SlyGoat:

@SlyGoat:

Not to mention the need for NA and European servers.

@SlyGoat:

European servers.

:o