Bardiche charge useless!

• Charges are hard to land so you get more damage…. But not with the bardiche! It is easier to overhead and deals more damage! Make overhead the bardiche charge or increase the sprint attack damage wayyyyy more.

I am one of the rare people who likes charge with other weapons btw.

• They should also make it so that you should get knocked back by the Vanguard if his player model touches you mid charge. I mean, he is a full grown man sprinting at you in medium to heavy armor, he’s going to knock you over if you get hit by him mid leap.

• Honestly, all charge attacks suck. I read from SlyGoat or maybe some other dev somewhere that they were planning to change charge attack one day so that it doesn’t suck. That day is probably far off, though, since there’s higher priority stuff first.

• Well the bardiche is not a charging weapon so don’t use it to do so.

It still does a heck of a lot of damage and more knock back and you stil ha e the advantage when you hit. A charge and an overhead kills all classes. Two hits.

And charges do suck. I use them plenty and they are mostly succesful.

• @SOC:

Honestly, all charge attacks suck. I read from SlyGoat or maybe some other dev somewhere that they were planning to change charge attack one day so that it doesn’t suck. That day is probably far off, though, since there’s higher priority stuff first.

Not that far off, actually. Modifying sprint attacks to be the same as they are now but stronger is easy enough to do, it’s just a matter of testing it. This is definitely one of the things we’ll be including in the beta for CU1 Patch 2.

• @SlyGoat:

@SOC:

Honestly, all charge attacks suck. I read from SlyGoat or maybe some other dev somewhere that they were planning to change charge attack one day so that it doesn’t suck. That day is probably far off, though, since there’s higher priority stuff first.

Not that far off, actually. Modifying sprint attacks to be the same as they are now but stronger is easy enough to do, it’s just a matter of testing it. This is definitely one of the things we’ll be including in the beta for CU1 Patch 2.

You know I want to see what happens when you do a charge attack with a maul?

• Charge attack is useless unless you attack a stationary target (especially archers who don’t see anything around them) or you’re using sword kind of a weapon.

• Change it too a running slash instead of a stab. That will put the fear of god into anyone in your path.

• @SlyGoat:

Oh, really? I’m extremely excited then!

I noticed in the last public beta we had, I was able to pull off some charge attacks with knights and they had their own “charge attack” VO for it. It was epic. I wonder whatever happened to those VOs and if we’ll get to see them in some way again?

• Polearm charges should be giant overhead leaps.

• @Coaster_Man:

Polearm charges should be giant overhead leaps.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11736

• @SlyGoat:

@SOC:

It should be unblockable since the attack is slow, the momentum built up from running should work that way.

So it will force the people see it coming avoid it instead. :P

My suggestion so yeah.

Pro:

• Unblockable(New change)
    • Same damage as before(No change)

Con:

• Slow attack speed (no change)
    • Easy to miss(Pole arm version that is)
    • The recovery time is painfully slow (No change)

EymKZBG0-bc