Play in tpv= all of game's problems are fixed

• Its really sad that Fpv is encouraged in this game, its like having street fighter in fpv. In chivalry’s fpv, when people get in really close, you can barely see where the enemies’ attacks are coming from let alone where you need to block, with tpv, you can see exactly what swings are happening and how to space correctly, facehugging becomes a non-issue since now you can actually see where you are supposed to block.

• BUT IT’S NOT FAIR I DON’T WANT TO USE THIRD PERSON VIEW YOU CAN’T MAKE ME

• The thing most people hate / like about third person view is that you can see unrealistically well with your shield held up.

• Well its a good thing the shield is useless on everyone but the maa who has great visibility through his shield anyway.

• Well its a good thing the shield is useless on everyone but the maa who has great visibility through his shield anyway.

With maxed FOV shield’s view isn’t a problem. It’s the attacks themselves - they’re quick, they can be speeded up, you don’t know where they’ll come from and they often do bypass the shield due to bugs.

• I’d rather have the bottom left of my screen blocked by a shield than have most of my left/centre part of my screen blocked by my character the entire time, while being distracted by my character’s animations along with my enemy’s.

At least if I need to see something quickly, I just pan my view a couple of millimetres, rather than having to strafe or turn my entire body a certain amount to see what I need to see.

Then again, in regards to the thread title, most of the reported problems people keep bringing up I don’t experience and I stick to FPV…… shrugs

Whatever works for other’s…

• But third person just feels so… dirty and unfair. Not sure why, I always preferred first person.

• The other thing you can do in TPV is face the ground permanently while fighting to accelerate all overheads. Which is fairly dodgy.

• third person is less realistic, you can see around walls, over obstacles, most of the battlefield, a little behind you. It’s pretty ridiculous to say that it fixes all of the game’s problems as well, weapon animations, buggy terrain, weapon imbalance, server browser, etc

• third person is the way to go. i play way better in first person but i like to go with third person because i want to let enemy’s get the upperhand on me. in first person view, the game is too easy.

i am not sure why people say tpv is cheap. it makes distance gauging much harder. sure you can peek around walls but that is more realistic than having to show yourself completely to peek around corners. you also cant really feel your surroundings with tpv either. imo, fpv is too overpowered and tpv needs some tweaks to make it better.

• 3rd person doesn’t need any buffs imo…. Too many times I have been in duels where the other guy is playing in 3rd person, they swing a few times to bait you then run off trying to get you to chase them around, and since they can see where you are behind them, they quickly turn around and try and cheap shot you.

I figured out how to counter this myself as there’s a pattern used in how long most will run around before they turn 180 to strike, but it’s still annoying as you can’t do the same thing in 1st person without a lot of risk due to not seeing behind you as easily.

I’d be fine if 3rd person was removed or at least restricted to offline play, but I wouldn’t go so far as to suggest or demand it to be removed.

But I also don’t see any justification to make 3rd person better or more easy to use than it already is.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

3rd person doesn’t need any buffs imo….

But I also don’t see any justification to make 3rd person better or more easy to use than it already is.

I guess you are reading a different thread than me - who said buff 3rd person?

• The post before mine, last line:

imo, fpv is too overpowered and tpv needs some tweaks to make it better.

Sounds like a buff request to me.

• I’d be fine if 3rd person was removed or at least restricted to offline play, but I wouldn’t go so far as to suggest or demand it to be removed.

I have no idea why 3rd person view is included in this game to begin with and I agree with you on the matter.

• I mean to get the biggest advantage in fpv you set your field of view to the highest point, and it looks just plain UGLY from there on most monitors since you have ghost arms in the middle of your screen. So its not b/c of aesthetics that you want fpv, I think yall are just stuck in the past.

And the plus side of playing in tpv is making the completely broken animations a non problem.

• In regards to the title, all the problems save the ones that make this game literally unplayable.