How to deal with *unnaturally* fast 1h weapons?

• I’m talking about first and foremost the hatchet closely followed by the norse sword, then the mace (falchion is iffy but it’s much easier to block than the afformentioned.) I have tons of trouble blocking these weapons (and before you just mark me off as a noob who can’t block worth a damn, I can reliably block any other weapon in the game seven times out of ten, even bearded) for one reason or another, I can’t tell whether it’s just their raw speed or if their animation contributes to it. Even if I aim the block perfectly they usually go right through my block. I’m not saying they’re broken because I don’t know if others have severe trouble blocking these weapons, so i’d like to ask you guys your strategies to deal with these weapons and how to block them effectively.

• If your not blocking it its not a perfect block.

I can block facehuggers. You just got to move the mouse quite a bit.

And they aren’t natually fast. Get a hatchet or a hammer and swing it as fast as you can and work yourself up. You will find that you can actually swing it faster than in game. Unless your fat and unfit or something’s wrong with you.

• Its a lot easier in Beta, I was able to block MAAs much more easily than before. When I failed it was my mistake.

• If your not blocking it its not a perfect block.

Blocks were bugged and they fixed it in beta - at least according to patch changelog.

• @lemonater47:

If your not blocking it its not a perfect block.

I can block facehuggers …Unless your fat and unfit or something’s wrong with you.

Well, there was an issue with that, it’s fixed in current beta.
    So you**'re** wrong.

• Those weapons are okay until you start getting into accelerated parry counters. For instance, the overhead counter of the hatchet is so fast, you essentially have to guess if he will do it or not. There is almost no time at all to react. Considering it can three hit a knight, that’s pretty ridiculous.