Scabbards and other things

• Simply scabbards for swords and other melee weapons and ‘‘a quiver’’ where javelineers can keep their javelins just like bowmen their arrows. Bow men could also have their bow held better while not using it.

I took some screenshots from Mount and blade: Warband to show you guys what i mean with a javelin ‘‘quiver’’ and bows held right while not using them.

This is what i’d like to see on back of a javelineer
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =150032401

And this is how i’d like too see bows held while not used
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =150032470

Thats all for now.

• Sure, why not. I don’t like to see sword stick on back like a magnet

• I’d love to see some.

• Scabbards would be lovely. I’d also like for all your weapons to show up on person. Say you have your sheild and main sword in your hands, then your secondary sword is visibly sheathed.

• So long as it’s an optional graphics setting, sounds awesome =]
    @SavageBeatings:

Scabbards would be lovely. I’d also like for all your weapons to show up on person. Say you have your sheild and main sword in your hands, then your secondary sword is visibly sheathed.

I believe this happens already, same with seeing the unused throwing axes on someone. I don’t play in third person though, so this is from seeing other people/dead bodies.

• @Daiyuki:

So long as it’s an optional graphics setting

In my opinion They should not be an optinal setting unless quivers are also.

• Sounds nice, except for the bow thing.

Somehow bows seem to be the weapon thats implemented the most unrealistic in almost all games. Do you own a bow? Try equipping it the way the pic shows, it not prctical at all. Apart from that it would take much longer than the daggerdraw takes now.

Imo the archer should still be holding the bow in his left hand while fighting in melee.

I like scabbards for swords, especially for the ones on your back.
    But what to do with 2H hammers/axes?

• @Towe:

Imo the archer should still be holding the bow in his left hand while fighting in melee.

Actually that sounds better to me than the idea i suggested :)
    @Towe:

But what to do with 2H hammers/axes?

To be honest. I have no idea what to do to 2h hammers and axes.

• @SavageBeatings:

Scabbards would be lovely. I’d also like for all your weapons to show up on person. Say you have your sheild and main sword in your hands, then your secondary sword is visibly sheathed.

Scary, it says I wrote this post yesterday (June 2) but I don’t remember it :o

• @SavageBeatings:

This thread is actually pretty old and i edited it today. Could that be the reason?

• @Hunutteri:

@SavageBeatings:

This thread is actually pretty old and i edited it today. Could that be the reason?

I know I posted the day the thread was created, but I was just surprised that my post showed up as “new” from yesterday :P

• @SavageBeatings:

I know I posted the day the thread was created, but I was just surprised that my post showed up as “new” from yesterday :P

Oh okay, then :)

• It would be very weird for two-handers on your back, it’s not realistic at all to even be able to draw it if it’s in a full scabbard on your back… those kinda scabbards did exist but they were for long travels, on the battlefield you mostly carried your two-hander on your shoulder like a polearm, you couldn’t draw it fast. Then again magical-stick-to-back didn’t exist either so… I dunno :D

Imo… sheating rings or small piece of leather maybe, like the kind you stuck your Katzbalger into. For a full leather sheath to look realistic you’d have to animate it so it doesn’t like, stick right out behind you when it’s drawn, would probably both look weird and take a toll on performance.

I say absolutely yes to quivers for the javelins ala M&B, seeing the one javelin on my back when I have like 6 is weird and immersion-breaking imo.