Report from the bugglefield.

• Here is my report from the battlefield in regards to bugs and balancing issues. NOTE: This is not everything I had noticed, but I don’t have much time right now to post what I noticed.

• Being kick spammed. One of my first games, I came up against an opponent, who just kicked and kicked and kicked me, I couldn’t do anything but wait until he ran out of stamina before lopping his head off. It wasn’t so much that I was kick spammed, but it was that each kick seemed very quick in succession, like I was facing a well trained kickboxer than a medievil archer.

• Having someone toss a Javelin at me within a few metres, I charge at them, only to see them quickly whip out another javelin and plant one in my face when there is no way that could happen.
      I think to combat this, that Javelin and other ranged weapons can not be thrown if someone is within maybe a 1m radius of the player throwing the weapon. I find most people throwing weapons at me or shooting at me just wait until the point where I simply cannot dodge before shooting me in the face.

• Red Team has a skin that looks like a blue team player, their chainmail seems to have a blue coloured specular map, so even under torch light, they still look blueish. It is hard to tell if they are blue or red.

*Team damage is very frustrating. In the heat of combat, most people get hurt to the point where they can’t tell if you are friend or foe, thus start swinging at you regardless of the fact that you are friend. I am not sure if this was intended by the devs, but I, along with others are finding this really frustrating, as at the end of a small battle, you will often find a player who was just fighting really well, turn on his fellow man, and start hacking away at them too like a blood crazed maniac, lol.
    Not only that, but it is common to see 2 team mates go into battle, both swing their long swords at the enemy, but one long sword barely even clips a team mates’ head and his head comes off aswell…
    I think a good penalty for reckless swinging in battle would be a blow to the stamina, to prevent players constantly swinging. This also doesn’t kill any friendly players due to a pretty easy mishap, but gives the enemy a chance too.

One more thing about friendly fire is what happens when archers and crossbowmen start shooting into melee battles (which…lets face it, is the core of the game). You can be fighting really well, only to have a greedy ranged fighter either steal your kill, or hit you or kill you. That’s just not fun. And was something that made melee combat in mount and blade warband an annoyance also.
    I think a small amount of damage and large amount of stamina should be taken away in situations like this, like a slap to the face to say “DON’T!”.

• Yeah I’ve had problems with the team colours, team damage and archers too. What I hate is that there’s no way you can block arrows without a shield.

• @Seventeen:

Yeah I’ve had problems with the team colours, team damage and archers too. What I hate is that there’s no way you can block arrows without a shield.

Please explain how you would ‘block’ an arrow without a shield. The flat of your blade?

• @Knightfall:

@Seventeen:

Yeah I’ve had problems with the team colours, team damage and archers too. What I hate is that there’s no way you can block arrows without a shield.

Please explain how you would ‘block’ an arrow without a shield. The flat of your blade?

With your head :D

• @Otreum:

Here is my report from the battlefield in regards to bugs and balancing issues. NOTE: This is not everything I had noticed, but I don’t have much time right now to post what I noticed.

• Being kick spammed. One of my first games, I came up against an opponent, who just kicked and kicked and kicked me, I couldn’t do anything but wait until he ran out of stamina before lopping his head off. It wasn’t so much that I was kick spammed, but it was that each kick seemed very quick in succession, like I was facing a well trained kickboxer than a medievil archer.

• Having someone toss a Javelin at me within a few metres, I charge at them, only to see them quickly whip out another javelin and plant one in my face when there is no way that could happen.
      I think to combat this, that Javelin and other ranged weapons can not be thrown if someone is within maybe a 1m radius of the player throwing the weapon. I find most people throwing weapons at me or shooting at me just wait until the point where I simply cannot dodge before shooting me in the face.

• Red Team has a skin that looks like a blue team player, their chainmail seems to have a blue coloured specular map, so even under torch light, they still look blueish. It is hard to tell if they are blue or red.

*Team damage is very frustrating. In the heat of combat, most people get hurt to the point where they can’t tell if you are friend or foe, thus start swinging at you regardless of the fact that you are friend. I am not sure if this was intended by the devs, but I, along with others are finding this really frustrating, as at the end of a small battle, you will often find a player who was just fighting really well, turn on his fellow man, and start hacking away at them too like a blood crazed maniac, lol.
    Not only that, but it is common to see 2 team mates go into battle, both swing their long swords at the enemy, but one long sword barely even clips a team mates’ head and his head comes off aswell…
    I think a good penalty for reckless swinging in battle would be a blow to the stamina, to prevent players constantly swinging. This also doesn’t kill any friendly players due to a pretty easy mishap, but gives the enemy a chance too.

One more thing about friendly fire is what happens when archers and crossbowmen start shooting into melee battles (which…lets face it, is the core of the game). You can be fighting really well, only to have a greedy ranged fighter either steal your kill, or hit you or kill you. That’s just not fun. And was something that made melee combat in mount and blade warband an annoyance also.
    I think a small amount of damage and large amount of stamina should be taken away in situations like this, like a slap to the face to say “DON’T!”.

Best counter to a kick spammer is a Pole Arm or use the Man at Arms class and dodge spam his ass.

• Hmmm, yeah, I always play man at arms, and I was kicked over and over and over again, I couldn’t even dodge, because that was the first thing I tried to do. :(

I have used the method now on a few players, and it just seems like a really cheap tactic, because it actually works really well (give it a try to see). Every player i’ve used it on ends up dead as a result.

• I’ve never been kick spammed in my life in Chivalry =)

And I dont understand that people cant see the difference between Mason and Agatha? And a tip dont look at the colour only, look at the overall appearance. The only one that is similar to each other is the Vanguard classes, but they do have the most amount of team colour on them.

There is a bug though or something that makes Agathian Vanguards red…

• @Otreum:

One more thing about friendly fire is what happens when archers and crossbowmen start shooting into melee battles

This is part of teamwork. If a player is killing too many of his/her own team, votekick them to teach them a lesson?

• @Rowan:

@Otreum:

One more thing about friendly fire is what happens when archers and crossbowmen start shooting into melee battles

This is part of teamwork. If a player is killing too many of his/her own team, votekick them to teach them a lesson?

Votekick? good luck.

• @lumpkin:

@Rowan:

@Otreum:

Votekick? good luck.

If a votekick fails it means you’re in the minority of people who think the person’s level of teamkilling is unacceptable.