Ok so now we have the patch - what next ideas

• So we have the patch, I am pretty happy with it. Steam stats are sticking around 2,500+ peak.

Seems to me next up is the mod tools and leveraging the creativity of the community. Of course they said that was next and anything to accelerate that would be a plus.

It would be nice for the community newsletter to feature some information about the mod process and how to create maps. Perhaps some Unreal engine scripting code we can look at as examples around how to create our own maps. The majority of players play TO objective and having more than 5 maps will only be a bonus. There is a great set of UDK videos to get started of course.

Feinting in some form or another needs to be addressed, I am on the fence, it doesn`t really bother me since I can take a shield or stay in sprint mode (now) to work around a feinter but of course its a hot topic. I would rather see another counter that increases the depth of the game instead of just nerfing the effectiveness of feints.

There are perhaps a dozen usability issues that I would like to see fix e.g. around menus, nothing high priority but they add up with the enjoyment of the game. Later I will compile my full list.

Apart from that there are some things that people complain about - ghost attacks though I really don`t see that much, probably a ping or lag related issue.

They could add weapons, maybe finish out the new roles (staff sling, double headed flail, long staff (if they dont increase the range of the quarter staff).

So what else do the devs need to work on to get the game to the next level?

• Sure, sure. Mmmhmm.

Sorry, too busy staring at your signature.

• What’s next is gameplay balance/tweaks patch as has already been stated.

• @gregcau:

It would be nice for the community newsletter to feature some information about the mod process and how to create maps. Perhaps some Unreal engine scripting code we can look at as examples around how to create our own maps. The majority of players play TO objective and having more than 5 maps will only be a bonus. There is a great set of UDK videos to get started of course.

Can you add this to the newsletter suggestions thread so I have it handy please? (if you haven’t already).

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10317

• Next and every patch possible should be concentrating on netcode and security. Ignore ALL the rest and just freaking put every possible resource into fixing and improving netcode. Half of the bugs ppl complain on the forum are actually related to crappy netcode.

• SIEGE MODE OF COURSE! :D

A horde of angry peasants must lay siege to the new TB offices where we must break in and plunder the vending machines and any coffee machine’s that aren’t bolted down.

• @DokB:

SIEGE MODE OF COURSE! :D

A horde of angry peasants must lay siege to the new TB offices where we must break in and plunder the vending machines and any coffee machine’s that aren’t bolted down.

peasants vs a few high hp player controlled bosses. yes.

siege mode is fuck yes but i want a working siege tower before the mode gets put into the game. i heard that they already have siege tower model in the files but its not implemented yet.

• I think mod tools would be cool, however I think that there should be a voting process on what gets put into the game.

It would be awesome to see community creations but if everyone decides to join random servers with maps that just anyone made then the actual servers will have less players.

At the same time though, maybe the ability to play modded maps and what not will bring in more players.

There definitely needs to be a way to separate the maps that are worth playtime as opposed to those that were made just to have something done.

• @Keith:

I think mod tools would be cool, however I think that there should be a voting process on what gets put into the game.

It would be awesome to see community creations but if everyone decides to join random servers with maps that just anyone made then the actual servers will have less players.

At the same time though, maybe the ability to play modded maps and what not will bring in more players.

There definitely needs to be a way to separate the maps that are worth playtime as opposed to those that were made just to have something done.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. I figured someone will post a mod, and then private server admins will decide whether they want to add it into their own rotation - then if it gets popular enough I suppose it might make its way to the Official Servers.

Map balance is very important as we know. I thought there is probably an algorithm that could be made based upon the

• the type of objective (e.g. push cart or how long it takes to complete it)
    • distance from spawn
    • etc.

but haven’t got around to thinking about it more

• @gregcau:

@Keith:

I think mod tools would be cool, however I think that there should be a voting process on what gets put into the game.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. I figured someone will post a mod, and then private server admins will decide whether they want to add it into their own rotation - then if it gets popular enough I suppose it might make its way to the Official Servers.

Map balance is very important as we know. I thought there is probably an algorithm that could be made based upon the

• the type of objective (e.g. push cart or how long it takes to complete it)
    • distance from spawn
    • etc.

but haven’t got around to thinking about it more

I wouldn’t hold my breath on mods making it to Official Servers. The goal behind those is to be a vanilla experience as open and accessible as possible to as many people as possible. That’s not to say that really amazing community maps would never make it there, but I doubt any game logic or other visual changes will make it there.