I'm votekicking the votekick system, please vote yes

• I think we can all agree that most of the time votekick is used it is used inapropriately. The vast majority of votes initiated are from people who get butthurt over one accidental teamkill and even then its often their own dumb fault for jumping infront of a team mate engaged in a fight. Thankfully most of the time these votes dont pass but sometimes they do and its pointless and punishing. I have been kicked for “repeatadly teamkilling” when it showed 0% team damage! I also run into disruptive players who vote to keep trolls in the game, even one instance where someone switched teams to stop the archers by teamkilling them with the support of the other team stopping him from getting kicked and kicking anyone who attempted to fight back.

If the intention behind the votekick system is simply to kick people based on majority votes then it works. But if its intention is to create a fun environment by eliminating greifers then it has totally backfired. We need an automated system like reflective damage. Yes, that can potentially lead to other methods of greifing but its better then putting the decision into the hands of people who are under no obligation to be fair and reasonable with it.

• Are you doing a poll?

In the words of the Mason

Negative.

• I vote no.

starts vote kick on OP

Just kidding :P

But I still vote no. Until most servers have reliable admins on to oversee things and regulate, it’s the next best thing.

Without the system right now, you’d have even more people intentionally ruining matches and intentionally TK’ing + griefing…. And there would be nothing to stop them other than everybody leaving the server, which they could just easily follow and keep annoying everybody.

• No, I think it has to stay but with a little tweaking maybe. You could say that it’s the lesser of two evils. Because who knows what would happen if the votekick wasn’t implemented.

• While it is somewhat open to abuse, I’ve seen the votekick system used for good way more than bad. I would dread to think what would happen to some of my play sessions if there weren’t a votekick system. The ease of team-killing in this game has brought along with a slew of griefers, we need a way to police that and votekick has worked great so far in my experience.

• @Ready:

I think we can all agree that most of the time votekick is used it is used inapropriately.

I disagree. And in those cases where someone initiates an inappropriate votekick, the rest of the players in the server are usually smart enough to reject it.

• @DaciaJC:

@Ready:

I think we can all agree that most of the time votekick is used it is used inapropriately.

I disagree. And in those cases where someone initiates an inappropriate votekick, the rest of the players in the server are usually smart enough to reject it.

I agree with your disagreement.

• The only change I would make to the votekick system is to make votes on the person’s team count more. I’ve seen other teams refuse to kick someone in order to win the map.
    Maybe 1.5 votes vs 1 vote

• @BillDoor:

The only change I would make to the votekick system is to make votes on the person’s team count more. I’ve seen other teams refuse to kick someone in order to win the map.
    Maybe 1.5 votes vs 1 vote

I believe there’s a server side setting to only allow people on your own team to vote.

• @gregcau:

@DaciaJC:

@Ready:

I agree with your disagreement.

Seconded.

• @DaciaJC:

@Ready:

I did acknowledge that most of the time innapropriate votekicks fail but my experience seems totally different to yours because most votekicks i see are because of one accidental teamkill