List of cool tricks you didn't know about the game?

• I learned recently that you could double tap shift, and it will hold down sprint for you. Yet it will still allow you to keep the same practicality of using sprint in combat like you regularly do without having to use toggle sprint!

Very neat, I wish I knew this along time ago, it could have saved my pinky strains during those long runs from spawn.

However this doesn’t work when I tried it on beta, I hope it doesn’t get changed.

• I didn’t know about the FOV change bind until a couple weeks ago. Now I feel like a true phantomwarrior360headshotnoscopesniperelite when I zoom in mah bow/crossbow.

• @Flyingsquirrel:

I learned recently that you could double tap shift, and it will hold down sprint for you. Yet it will still allow you to keep the same practicality of using sprint in combat like you regularly do without having to use toggle sprint!

Very neat, I wish I knew this along time ago, it could have saved my pinky strains during those long runs from spawn.

However this doesn’t work when I tried it on beta, I hope it doesn’t get changed.

o.0 Are you sure that’s not just your keyboard sticking? Never had that happen and I smack the Shift key a lot in the current version because of the various “Well I see you’re holding Shift but I’m not going to sprint” situations the game has.

My cool trick to offer is that if you are moving your crosshair and start an attack, you’ll be able to “aftertouch” a lot more than if you didn’t move your mouse and then tried to change the direction of your swing later, to the point that it seems like sometimes the hardcapped turning speed limiter kind of takes a break.

Same applies to blocking in the sense that you should move your camera towards the swing before actually pressing block, because as soon as you go into the parry animation your turn speed is capped. Waiting a bit to parry is good in general vs feints and mousedragging anyway, so it’s just an extension of that tip; keep your crosshair on the enemy’s weapon whether or not you’re currently pressing block.

• I’m not sure if common knowledge, but for those who always get shot in the legs when shield charging an archer, you can look downwards to protect your feet. This strategy is most effective for kite shield, but heather works as well and tower, well, you probably won’t be getting shot very often anyway.

For best results, continuously look up and down with your shields up so that the archer won’t be able to easily hit your exposed head.

• @Wangmaster:

I’m not sure if common knowledge, but for those who always get shot in the legs when shield charging an archer, you can look downwards to protect your feet. This strategy is most effective for kite shield, but heather works as well and tower, well, you probably won’t be getting shot very often anyway.

For best results, continuously look up and down with your shields up so that the archer won’t be able to easily hit your exposed head.

I like jumping myself :D

Seems to throw them off.

• @Andrew:

I like jumping myself :D

Seems to throw them off.

Jump and then crouch. It’s amazing.

• I recently learned that not all objects are solid and a lot of weapons can pass visibly pass through solid objects like door frames or pillars without triggering the ground hit stun animation.

• @DokB:

I recently learned that not all objects are solid and a lot of weapons can pass visibly pass through solid objects like door frames or pillars without triggering the ground hit stun animation.

If you turn on weapon tracers you will see that this happens to all weapons, during the blue tracer area of a swing, your swing will not be hindered by any wall or object. The objects are all solid just what portion of the weapon passes through it changes depending on weapon length.

aoc_drawtracer 1

• @Anonymoose:

@DokB:

I recently learned that not all objects are solid and a lot of weapons can pass visibly pass through solid objects like door frames or pillars without triggering the ground hit stun animation.

If you turn on weapon tracers you will see that this happens to all weapons, during the blue tracer area of a swing, your swing will not be hindered by any wall or object. The objects are all solid just what portion of the weapon passes through it changes depending on weapon length.

aoc_drawtracer 1

Wow okay… These weapon lengths and their tracers… are quite deceiving… :-o

• you run and walk faster by doing glitched dashes by tapping dash button for maa in other classes

• @Anonymoose:

I didn’t know about the FOV change bind until a couple weeks ago. Now I feel like a true phantomwarrior360headshotnoscopesniperelite when I zoom in mah bow/crossbow.

What is that?

• @Skream:

@Anonymoose:

I didn’t know about the FOV change bind until a couple weeks ago. Now I feel like a true phantomwarrior360headshotnoscopesniperelite when I zoom in mah bow/crossbow.

What is that?

google chivalry archer zoom bind

• You can gain distance to your enemy by jumping before a parry - if you parry in mid-air the full force of his attack will often fling you away quite noticeably.

NPC-kills count towards weapon-unlocks as long as the general requirements are met (enough people on the server).

A MMA can dodge out of a daze.

Leaning backwards while doing an overhead allows you to hit people behind you.

• hitting people on their back by leaning is a myth.

• @boomandvibe:

hitting people on their back by leaning is a myth.

it is not a myth, I have done it many times

• @Coaster_Man:

@boomandvibe:

You havent done shit unless you have tracer on and saw that the only part where the tracer hit was the back. Its impossible to hit the back while standing up and looking up. Even if you time the jump perfectly weapons only hit the upper back of the head.

• @boomandvibe:

You havent done shit unless you have tracer on and saw that the only part where the tracer hit was the back. Its impossible to hit the back while standing up and looking up. Even if you time the jump perfectly weapons only hit the upper back of the head.

Who was it in here who posted a video of them killing people as a Knight using the Maul & tower shield on their back? They walked backwards towards archers and other players overhead swinging away and took them out pretty decently…. while looking up.

What Don_Kanaille said “Leaning backwards while doing an overhead allows you to hit people behind you.” Is True with plenty of weapons.

• @boomandvibe:

@Coaster_Man:

@boomandvibe:

One time in TDM, I was fooling around with the quarter staff, and was fucked by a guy in front of me and behind me. Instead of blocking, I decided to suicide and finish the guy in front of me with an overhead, which happened to kill them both; the guy was not in my fov, and aside from when my staff was over my head, it remained in my fov.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@boomandvibe:

Who was it in here who posted a video of them killing people as a Knight using the Maul & tower shield on their back? They walked backwards towards archers and other players overhead swinging away and took them out pretty decently…. while looking up.

What Don_Kanaille said “Leaning backwards while doing an overhead allows you to hit people behind you.” Is True with plenty of weapons.

Right. I wasnt talking about him. I would have quoted him. I was sharing a secret in relevance to this topic. I said “hitting people on THEIR back”

But you can hit people while you have your back turned.

• @Anonymoose:

HAX! HAX! HAX! …. its HAX I TELL YOU!

In all seriousness, someone told me about this, and i was meaning to try it but forgot. Now i lost the text i was supposed to copy+paste in. I’ve always wondered why some archers can shoot so fucking far away. It’s borderline, or is cheating. Since this is not a regular option that people can change without know-how… i feel its an exploit of the game. Def gives the advantage to some, and not to others if they don’t know about it. HAX SON