The peasants are revolting!

• And they don’t smell good either!

On another thread someone mentioned a peasant uprising map. You could have class equivalents of the standard classes.

That could be a good 3rd faction idea too. I was thinking a team of 6 Masons, a team of 6 Agathans a team of 12 peasants - the Masons and Agathans have to work together to defeat the peasants BUT they also get points for killing each other (not team damage!).
    That would be some fun chaos.

Also, you could put in a scythe and I really want to swing a scythe.

• Yah, that was me mentioning that.

But I was thinking more like the peasants were on Agathas side, so the Agathains would outnumber the Masons but the Masons would have the map tailored to profit them, so it would even out. And the peasants are rather weak warriors.

I dunno how the map would work. I’m thinking a rather large village (with a castle seen in the distance) which the peasants defend with their lives along with support from a smaller group of Agathian soldiers sent out from the castle to aid them. The armed peasants would also respawn, but since they’re rather weak and depend on their AI, they shouldn’t be a problem. The Masons could have catapults with flaming ammo set up on a hill outlooking the village. I don’t know what the goal of the map would be though. You’re raiding the village, sure, but more than that? Hidden treasure? Raiding the church of riches? Looking for a traitor cooperating with Agatha hiding in the village?

• No.

No coop between Masons and Fagatha. No sodomy please.

Anyway, I can imagine it differently: A village in the middle of the map occupied by respawning peasant-bots, some of them standard Stoneshill variety just to massacre, others armed with tools like scythes and pitchforks (their numbers depending on the number of players maybe?). Masons compete with vanilla Agathians who can kill more villagers (they are putting down the rebellion) but because they already sorta hate each other, there will surely be some “friendly fire” (for additional points) between them in the village :D

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

No.

No coop between Masons and Fagatha. No sodomy please.

Anyway, I can imagine it differently: A village in the middle of the map occupied by respawning peasant-bots, some of them standard Stoneshill variety just to massacre, others armed with tools like scythes and pitchforks (their numbers depending on the number of players maybe?). Masons compete with vanilla Agathians who can kill more villagers (they are putting down the rebellion) but because they already sorta hate each other, there will surely be some “friendly fire” (for additional points) between them in the village :D

Yah, I was thinking that the original idea could be a different scenario, although without official team up. It’s just that a rather big peasant population is rioting in the Agathian lands, and while they are trying to stop the riot, the Masons arrive. Great, now we have three free-for-all factions, one of them much weaker than the other two. It’s gonna be crowded, and it’s gonna be bloody (and probably laggy)

• I don’t like the idea of player-controlled peasants because they would either have unrealistic weapons (twohanders etc.) or be frustratingly weak. And forcing Agatha to coop with Masons in order to destroy a numerically stronger enemy seems pretty strange. On the other hand the peasants as bots would be realistically incompetent enemies.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

I don’t like the idea of player-controlled peasants because they would either have unrealistic weapons (twohanders etc.) or be frustratingly weak. And forcing Agatha to coop with Masons in order to destroy a numerically stronger enemy seems pretty strange. On the other hand the peasants as bots would be realistically incompetent enemies.

Anyone said anything about player-controlled peasants? That would suck. As weak as an archer and stuck with only agricultural tools as weapons.

Nah. The peasants should be bots, and there should be plenty of them. I think the first objective in this type of campaign, if it were one where Agatha protects the peasants against Mason attackers, would be to kill X amount of peasants, although in this scenario they are fighting back with scythes, sickles, pitchforks, spears, torches and even hunting bows. So 10 Masons versus 10 Agathians, for example, would also include like 20 peasants on Agathas side. The peasants are kind of bad warriors, though.

I’d also like if the village the Masons are attacking also looks prepared for the attack. Like the Agathians knew it was coming but reinforcements is a couple of days away so they needed to equip all the peasants and barricade the village as well as they could. So you’ll see rubble and debris as barricades and ways up to the roofs where there’d be archers, and in the middle of the village there could be a church with a good tower for archers.

• Yes the peasant would need to be weak and lightly armored. Maybe a single ‘tank’ type class open.
    You could even have the peasants get a slight advantage in numbers since they would be weaker.
    maybe 16/6/6

You could do it with just the agathans or masons against the peasants but that would be missing an opportunity to add sweet, sweet chaos. It’d be worth trying anyway.

And I still want a playable scythe. I NEED a scythe.

• Protecting villagers is already present in Stoneshill 1, so no need to repeat that. Just make a village with some 30 respawnable Filthy peasants and maybe 10-20 respawnable Revolting peasants (pun included) with weapons, all being bots, and let the player-controlled teams compete who can kill the most.

Also having the villagers as a faction of their own would probably require more significant changes in the game (and imagine the scoreboard).

• I see how that would work, but having bots for the armed peasants sounds like a giant match of Chicken-Kicker.

[attachment=0:2d2m5i4g]Chicken-kicker.jpg[/attachment:2d2m5i4g]

But the idea of having a crowd of unarmed bot peasants running around on the map along with the armed player-peasants makes me giddy. There could be just a couple types of armed peasants, based on existing peasant models. Then they could blend into the crowd. And the Masons/Archers lose points if they kill a regular peasant. Oooh, I like it! Yes, this would be a significant amount of work. Just throwing out ideas for things that would be fun.

• I was thinking more a CO-OP survival sort of thing.

With 4-6 agathians or masons or both against an onslaught of peasants.

They could have a revive system or a slower respawn system.

And many weapons in the game would look fine for the peasants.

Flail (peasants used a two handed one from modified farm equipment)
    Shortsword
    Light javelin
    Longbow with broadhead arrows
    Cudgel
    Broad dagger
    Hunting knife
    Fork
    Hatchet
    War hammer (looks like a normal one)

Anything that a peasant villager would have

It could just send peasants at you and your team. It could also be a sort of TO style thing as well. Like left for dead medieval style with peasants.

• Sounds like a good idea but the bots really need some working on in this game.

• @Matti:

Sounds like a good idea but the bots really need some working on in this game.

The game isn’t focused on singleplayer. So they didn’t do much with the bots. They only will on two maps.

But if they make a game mode that needs bots of course they will make the bots better. And since they are untrained peasants in a survival mode the combat AI can be left as is. Just pathfinding.

• No need to make better bots. They would represent peasant after all. Peasants are not good fighters, they are not supposed to provide much challenge. Challenge is killing more of them than the enemy team does and not dying by enemy team’s weapons.