[POLL] Should Treb 3 Be Removed?

• How do you feel about treb 3 being removed on the Hillside map? If you change your mind, votes can be changed!

• I feel…… sad… A black void exists where my heart once beat.

• I think there are other solutions to the Treb 3 problem, but I suppose simply removing it is the easiest way for now.

• @Revak:

I think there are other solutions to the Treb 3 problem, but I suppose simply removing it is the easiest way for now.

This is pretty much how I feel. Treb 3 was ridiculously problematic. The others are okay. I’m not sure why the last objective was made easier, though; Hillside will likely now be skewed towards attackers, unfortunately.

• @NikolaiLev:

@Revak:

I think there are other solutions to the Treb 3 problem, but I suppose simply removing it is the easiest way for now.

This is pretty much how I feel. Treb 3 was ridiculously problematic. The others are okay. I’m not sure why the last objective was made easier, though; Hillside will likely now be skewed towards attackers, unfortunately.

Nice Avatar.

I foresee some changes being tested for this possibly with the CU1 patch 2. I think this is just a “placeholder” of sorts. We saw it on the extreme difficult side and now we’re seeing it on the extreme easy side so hopefully we’ll meet somewhere in the middle by the time this is done.

• I honestly feel like Hillside is still one of the hardest maps in the game for attackers.

• @SlyGoat:

I honestly feel like Hillside is still one of the hardest maps in the game for attackers.

I agree, it feels such an uphill battle…

• @BobT36:

@SlyGoat:

I honestly feel like Hillside is still one of the hardest maps in the game for attackers.

I agree, it feels such an uphill battle…

what? are you kidding me? have you even played it on Beta? I have not lost as attacker on Beta yet.

Oh its a hill joke

lol

• Well, fighting uphill is, in fact, a favoured by the game combat system ;)

And yes, winning as a defender in Hillside part 1 for the first time really felt like the first sex because you had to prevent the enemy from igniting the pyre even once (a bug made Agatha win the battle even if the fire was put out).

• It’s way more fun without Trebuchet 3. Don’t miss it one bit.

• treb 3 made the entire objective about treb 3
    all other trebs were worthless to both teams

glad it’s leaving us

• @BB:

treb 3 made the entire objective about treb 3

glad it’s leaving us

But maybe the problem was the other trebs… remove them instead imo.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@BB:

glad it’s leaving us

I actually kinda agree with this.

I’m sure most competently strategic players will instinctively be aiming to take original Treb 3 first simply because it is the hardest one and therefore best done while the defenders have more trebuchets to split their numbers between.

Removing any trebuchet automatically means defenders have one less objective to split their numbers between.

So in my opinion I’d say remove treb 2 instead of treb 3 to give the maximum distance between each of the 3 remaining trebuchets.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@BB:

glad it’s leaving us

This may be a joke, but for the sake of argument: having three balanced objectives is more fun than having one balanced objective because it’s more dynamic and introduces strategic choices. Of course, either is better than three balanced objectives and one imbalanced objective, but still.

And frankly, even if treb 3 was the only objective it still wouldn’t be balanced. The only reason Agatha ever won Hillside was either because Mason derped, or because they rushed treb 3 while Masons were distracted.

Because of the fact Masons spawn closer to treb 3, and because of how easy it is to interrupt (you never make progress; it’s a binary objective) it would still be imbalanced.

If the progress bar never reset, it might be different. But I feel this is the more favorable solution.

• why is this poll even being asked in the general balance forum?
    I bet more than half of the voters haven’t even played the map in the beta

• If 3 goes then something needs to be done about 4 since it’s too far for Masons to ever think about worrying about. It’s a choice between 1 and 2 with 4 there as something that needs to be completed now and again.

• Either keep it removed or find different mechanic to damage the trebuchet

Well, fighting uphill is, in fact, a favoured by the game combat system

No, it’s not. The one on the lower ground will be in the better position in this game when it comes to a melee combat. There is no benefit for someone to be fighting on the upper ground.

• Well, fighting uphill is, in fact, a favoured by the game combat system

@Holy.Death:

No, it’s not. The one on the lower ground will be in the better position in this game when it comes to a melee combat. There is no benefit for someone to be fighting on the upper ground.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. My English is probably not perfect but I meant “fighting uphill” in the directional sense (being down and trying to fight one’s way up) not the positional sense (being uphill).

I find it actually quite funny that the defenders almost always have the higher ground (it makes sense to build a castle on a hill or something) but the game actually nullifies, or even reverts that to their disadvantage.