Middle Earth coms to Chivalry?

• This could be a bit too far fetched, but me and my good friend were discussing and both agreed, an optional mod (much like the day z mod for arma 2) could be released which is LOTR themed. This wouldn’t neccesarily have to be a mod, possibly a different game mode. But it would work, you could asssign different races for class types, and there is a lot of different settings in middle earth which could be used for maps. Team’s could be saurons army vs men, dwarves, or elves. Or all three combined.

Classes could be:

Archer- Goblin/ elf
    Man at arms- orc soldier/Rohan footsoldier
    Vanguard- gondorian vanguard/ urk hai beserker
    Knight- Dwarf with heavy weapons/ Armored urk hai.

Give me feedback through the poll, but I think this would be really cool

• It is pretty obvious, I thought about it too and came to very similar results:

Archer: elf x goblin
    MaA: ranger x orc
    Vanguard: rhun soldier x citadel guard
    Knight: uruk-hai x gondor soldier

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

It is pretty obvious, I thought about it too and came to very similar results:

Yeah, the rhun soldier makes more sense actually and it would add more variety

• I’m thinking, as I want armies to generally feel like their from the same nation or whatever, I’d like the Orc-side to be orcs-only. I mean, you have a goblin as an Archer, a orc as a MAA, an uruk as a Knight… and then you have a human as a vanguard? It wouldn’t really fit in, all the orcs being like hunchback monsters in dark armor and crude weapons, and then there’s a human in shining armour and a long pike.

I’d say Goblin Archer, Orc MAA, Uruk-Hai Knight and Berserker Vanguard (just imagine them running at you with that double-edged cleaver-thingy in an overhead charge)

Then there could be another faction with only the Easterlings.

When it comes to Gondor, Citadel Guard for Vanguard, Gondor Soldier for Knight sounds right. But I’d like the Ranger to be the Archer, and then as MAA… have something inbetween Ranger and Gondor Soldier. Like… Archers are hooded, MAA don’t have a hood and have a bit more armour (and of course now bows.)

Then we can have a Rohan faction (the best faction), and Elf faction, a Dwarf faction, as well as a Harad faction alongside the Orc and Rhûn factions (maybe another “evil” faction to balance out, 4 vs 4)

• @SavageBeatings:

I’m thinking, as I want armies to generally feel like their from the same nation or whatever, I’d like the Orc-side to be orcs-only. I mean, you have a goblin as an Archer, a orc as a MAA, an uruk as a Knight… and then you have a human as a vanguard? It wouldn’t really fit in, all the orcs being like hunchback monsters in dark armor and crude weapons, and then there’s a human in shining armour and a long pike.

I’d say Goblin Archer, Orc MAA, Uruk-Hai Knight and Berserker Vanguard (just imagine them running at you with that double-edged cleaver-thingy in an overhead charge)

Then there could be another faction with only the Easterlings.

When it comes to Gondor, Citadel Guard for Vanguard, Gondor Soldier for Knight sounds right. But I’d like the Ranger to be the Archer, and then as MAA… have something inbetween Ranger and Gondor Soldier. Like… Archers are hooded, MAA don’t have a hood and have a bit more armour (and of course now bows.)

Yes, that would mean game modes with more than 2 factions could be included

Then we can have a Rohan faction (the best faction), and Elf faction, a Dwarf faction, as well as a Harad faction alongside the Orc and Rhûn factions (maybe another “evil” faction to balance out, 4 vs 4)

• @SavageBeatings:

I’m thinking, as I want armies to generally feel like their from the same nation or whatever, I’d like the Orc-side to be orcs-only. I mean, you have a goblin as an Archer, a orc as a MAA, an uruk as a Knight… and then you have a human as a vanguard?

Well, the most viable way I can see this is a skin mod, so I based it on having just 2 sides of the conflict, i.e. the Free Nations vs. Two Towers. The dwarves would be excluded obviously because they would have pretty different models. Any other way would either require large changes in the game (having more than 2 predefined sides - who would decide which side each team is? etc.) or special maps (map with predefined elves vs. orcs, rohan vs. gondor, etc.) while a simple skin mod can put the existing maps to use (Citadel would be lovely probably, people call it Mordor even now:)).

But I’d like the Ranger to be the Archer, and then as MAA…

Yes, the weakest point probably. Doesn’t need to be ranger… maybe “Gondor levy” or even “Rohan MaA” :D Or even another kind of elf. This way it would not even feel strange - nible elf can probably easily waste a heavy soldier, but how can a “man at arms” kill an extremely skilled, professional warrior like knight?

• I know this thread is a bit older but I came to Chivalry only about a month ago.
    I am a big fan of Tolkien’s universe and I would really very much enjoy a mod or even DLC/expansion pack featuring this. LoTR Conquest was a disaster and very displeasing as its game mechanics and graphics were from outer space.

But with all the complexity I see in the various armies of Middle-earth I doubt that it would be this easy:

@Eleshar_Vermillion:

It is pretty obvious, I thought about it too and came to very similar results:

The factions would be

Forces of Light:

• Gondor
    • Arnor
    • Rohan
    • Rivendell
    • Lorien

Forces of Evil:

• Isengard
    • Misty Mountains
    • Mordor
    • Harad
    • Rhun
    • Angmar

Forces of Light

**Gondor
    Archer: Dunedain Archer / veteran unlock: Dunedain Ranger model
    MAA: Dunedain Soldier
    Vanguard: Dunedain Pikeman
    Knight: Dunedain Citadel Guard

Arnor

Archer: Dunedain Archer / veteran unlock: Dunedain Ranger model
    MAA: Dunedain Soldier
    Knight: Dunedain Citadel Guard

I do like the idea of the Ranger, but making him the standard model would not be correct.

Rohan

Archer: Rohan Archer
    MAA: Rohan Soldier
    Knight: Rohan Rider

Rivendell

Archer: Rivendell Archer
    MAA: Rivendell Swordman
    Vanguard: Rivendell Lancer
    Knight: Noldor Warrior

Rivendell

Archer: Lorien Archer
    MAA: Lorien Swordman
    Vanguard: Lorien Lancer
    Knight: Noldor Warrior

Forces of Evil

Isengard

Archer: Uruk-hai Crossbowman / Uruk-hai Archer
    MAA: Uruk-hai Swordman
    Vanguard: Uruk-hai Pikeman
    Knight: Uruk-hai Beserker
    Cavalry: Orc Wargrider

But here we go: Berserkers would deal massive damage but they should have little armor. Meaning you can chop down as long as no one hits you.

Misty Mountains

Archer: Goblin Archer
    MAA: Goblin Swordman
    Vanguard: Goblin Pikeman
    Knight: Great Orc

Harad

Archer: Harad Archer
    MAA: Harad Swordman
    Vanguard: Harad Pikeman
    Knight: Black Numenorian

Rhun

Archer: Rhun Archer
    MAA: Rhun Swordman
    Vanguard: Rhun Pikeman
    Knight: Khand Variag

Khand is a land east of Rhun, very little is known about it as Tolkien rarely wrote anything about it expect that they seem to a Norse like tribe people.

Angmar

Archer: Orc Archer / Veteran Unlock: Black Numenorian Ranger
    MAA: Orc Swordman / Rhudaur Hillman / Veteran Unlock: Black Numenorian Swordman
    Vanguard: Rhudaur Hillman / Veteran Unlock: Black Numenorian Pikeman
    Knight: Black Numenorian Knight

Now the big question is, you need Cavalry, men need horses, evil need horses and wargs. Next thing is, a Warg, might also be considered to be a class. And now what about trolls? Minas Tirith Siege without Attack Trolls teaching Gondor soldiers how to fly is a bit odd. How do make them spawn, how many are allowed at max? Can we do like a battle commission, so let’s say you kill 10 guys in a row, you are allowed to spawn as a troll?

What’s your thoughts?

• Make a human for every role, please.

• Stuff like this is always super risky because of DMCA takedowns though. For anyone even considering making something like this, keep it in the back of your mind that a take down could happen at some point.

• @Pilgore:

Stuff like this is always super risky because of DMCA takedowns though. For anyone even considering making something like this, keep it in the back of your mind that a take down could happen at some point.

Yes and no, I remember a lot of excelling mods for LoTR games that are still up. I was more so thinking about Torn Banner actually releasing a massive DLC or even a own game on this matter. The question however is: How greedy will New Line Cinema and the Tolkiens be to get such a game going. Sadly people don’t ask what could be real fun for fans, they mostly ask for their money and don’t care about customer satisfaction at all.

Like I said, the idea of having a LoTR themed action is great, yet I believe a modding team won’t have the capacity to get this going.

• Give me helms deep TO.

• @Gabriel:

This could be a bit too far fetched, but me and my good friend were discussing and both agreed, an optional mod (much like the day z mod for arma 2) could be released which is LOTR themed.

Personally i think it should be a mandatory mod