For the next patch…

• Please, for the sake of god, PLEASE do it faster.
    About 2 months are gone since the last patch. 2 MONTHS which were full of bugs and glitches.
    Why didnt you guys patch and remove these issues as soon as possible?
    Looking at the forums is already enough to think about a fixing stuff early.
    Please, stop doing a huge chunk of changes, which will be filled full of bugs. Then waiting AGAIN 2-3 months just for some fix attempts. A lot of bugs are forgotten by then and still remain.
    Cant you just do small patches? Example fixing bugged blocks/parry/1h hitting so easily should have been here for a minimum of two weeks, max 3 weeks (depending on how hard things are broken) after patch release.
    Come on, this game went downhill (the combat part, not content) after each patch. Bugs still remaining and I can understand how hard it can be to find these if you guys dish out too much stuff at once, which may be that stuff get forgotten after too long waiting time.
    I really hope you people do it better for the upcoming bugs&glitches… Sorry but 2 months… Thats as bad as an EA game

• Changes take time to diagnose, reproduce, identify and fix.

The team is currently Beta testing a patch to fix the major issues in the game at the moment, within this time they have obviously not been sat idle, they have been making these changes, and are now putting it out to the public to test.

The team previously had TWO programmers, one left so for the majority of the last period between patches they have had ONE programmer. It’s ok for YOU to say you want a patch right NOW and that it “shouldn’t take long” etc, but unless you’re a game developer, you really have no idea how long something like that should take, and neither do I.

This is Torn Banner’s FIRST ever commercial game, therefore it’s a bit steep to expect / demand fixes in certain timescales, especially when they have to test those thoroughly to make things worse. Established companies already have a wealth of previous experience and resources to help that, (as well as labs full of test machines), a tiny indie company does not.

Either ways the Team now has hired two new programmers (who need to get up to speed before they can start producing output faster), so fixes may be a bit quicker. If you wish to try the fixes in the new patch then download the Chivalry BETA which should be in your Steam library, and give feedback here: viewforum.php?f=80

• @BobT36:

for the majority of the last period between patches they have had ONE programmer.

Crusty is amazing, but he can only do so much by himself. There are 3 now, wheeeeeee!

Also, the whole “virtual team” thing slowed things down too. As they are all moving into one physical location, this bottleneck should be removed.

• Yes, I did read about that.
    Doesent change the fact that a simple fix could take 2-3 weeks. He/she/they dont need to take two month and try to fix everything.
    Step by step is the best way

• @BobT36:

The team previously had TWO programmers, one left so for the majority of the last period between patches they have had ONE programmer.

He also had that new strain of flu that makes you vomit up your intestines for a couple weeks.

• @tomahawku:

Yes, I did read about that.
    Doesent change the fact that a simple fix could take 2-3 weeks. He/she/they dont need to take two month and try to fix everything.

How do you know ANY of those issues were a simple fix?

Also sometimes it can be beneficial to package (tested) changes together. Can solve any problems with multiple deployments, and reduce testing complexity / repetetiveness. My company (business Software) often does this, where they’ll prefer to package changes together wherever possible, saves handling multiple deployment issues and a million extra versions. Of course sometimes you want to separate changes per version but again, it all depends on the nature of them, only the devs can actually define that.

• i an fix bugs in a few days no problem

• @boomandvibe:

i an fix bugs in a few days no problem

Cool, so you go ahead and do that then.

Don’t be surprised if the next patch takes even longer. Due to their getting the studio up and running and everyone moving there, plus with PAX and GDC coming up, things are going to be slowing down. So take what you can get in the meantime.

Once they are all situated in their new home, then you can expect patches to be coming out more frequently and we can all be happy… Although people will still complain because that’s how humans are. Wheee.

• @BobT36:

@tomahawku:

Yes, I did read about that.

How do you know ANY of those issues were a simple fix?

Also sometimes it can be beneficial to package (tested) changes together. Can solve any problems with multiple deployments, and reduce testing complexity / repetetiveness. My company (business Software) often does this, where they’ll prefer to package changes together wherever possible, saves handling multiple deployment issues and a million extra versions. Of course sometimes you want to separate changes per version but again, it all depends on the nature of them, only the devs can actually define that.

Im sure JUST 1 change, for example the broken block could be fixed withing 2 weeks, unless there are some weird problems. They could say that, everyone would try to understand that.
    2 months have passed, they released finally the patchnotes (the balance stuff still missing i think)
    Im sure there are quite some changes, much more than you would do within 2-3 weeks for some fixes. Well, it felt so last patch.
    Its all cool, we got a lot of changes now, but too much at once. Well I can only judge it after i see the balance patch (the second i believe)

I dont care if the maul or whatever does 5 dmg more or less (a bug for example) as long as something more game breaking is fixed asap

There are gamebreaking stuff in this game. First, ASAP fix all gamebreaking bugs. Only when live client is stable enough then can take time for their content etc. Thats just really sad what happened with the patches