Make the sling class useful - idea

• I suggest that you can use the sling to hit guys without throwing the stone, with right click you can use it to hit opponents that are in your face and stun them for a little while so you can have time to run away, or something like that i dont know, you get my point. Also make it more powerful, its so damn hard to kill someone with it that has full health.

• I’d be happy with a greatly increased fire rate.

• It’d be nice if you could kick while using the sling.

• What about the option to use a sling and a shield together? It was actually used by those slingers that were skirmishing, and not by those firing from a safe distance.

There’s this video talking about it, and here’s some pictures:

• I don’t want a defensive buff, this game shits on defenses. I want offense buff. Faster fire rate. Faster fire rate. Faster fire rate.

• A Buckler and improved DPS would make the Sling powerful. That’s all it really needs.

• Headshots should do maybe times X amount of damage. Historically, if you get pelted in the head by anything really a sling threw at you, your head was going to be nothing but a messy pulp. Unless maybe if you are Knight or Vanguard, but you’d still really feel the whip crack of it.

Maybe reward the sling users on headshots by having it do a lot more damage than a normal headshot I don’t know?

• @DokB:

Headshots should do maybe times X amount of damage. Historically, if you get pelted in the head by anything really a sling threw at you, your head was going to be nothing but a messy pulp. Unless maybe if you are Knight or Vanguard, but you’d still really feel the whip crack of it.

Maybe reward the sling users on headshots by having it do a lot more damage than a normal headshot I don’t know?

Good point. Anything blunt would do unusually more damage to the head.

• @dwight:

It’d be nice if you could kick while using the sling.

It’d be nice for the bow and crossbow too.

• @DokB:

Headshots should do maybe times X amount of damage. Historically, if you get pelted in the head by anything really a sling threw at you, your head was going to be nothing but a messy pulp. Unless maybe if you are Knight or Vanguard, but you’d still really feel the whip crack of it.

This is already the case for the Crossbow, which deals 2x damage as opposed to the typical 1.5x damage. Not a bad idea, but I’m not sure it suits the Sling.

A Buckler will give it its own niche, and a fire rate/DPS increase will help its role as a harassment tool.

• I have only played the sling 2 times, but both times I found it too powerful. I mean you can sprint and fire at the same time and you have unlimited ammo. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to hit with. Yes, the damage is pretty bad, and lets hope it stays that way. If not? Well, then we’re all doomed!

• @Jonystrom:

I have only played the sling 2 times, but both times I found it too powerful. I mean you can sprint and fire at the same time and you have unlimited ammo. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to hit with. Yes, the damage is pretty bad, and lets hope it stays that way. If not? Well, then we’re all doomed!

Consider that, with charged shots, the fire rate is comparable to the Shrotbow, while it does 10 less damage. Lead Balls brings it up to equal damage, but it only has 20 ammo.

Only playing with it two times without having any numbers to back up your claims does not lend you much credibility. Check the spreadsheet the next time you want to make balance assertions, please.

Not to mention it’s no easier to hit with than any of the bows. In fact, the release mechanic makes it harder to hit with for some, though that’s entirely subjective.

Sprinting while firing doesn’t work consistently, and is a fringe benefit at best. Unlimited ammo is similar; it’s not actually very useful. I feel Pebbles should be brought down to 50 or so ammo so it can be buffed otherwise.

• @NikolaiLev:

@Jonystrom:

I have only played the sling 2 times, but both times I found it too powerful. I mean you can sprint and fire at the same time and you have unlimited ammo. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to hit with. Yes, the damage is pretty bad, and lets hope it stays that way. If not? Well, then we’re all doomed!

Consider that, with charged shots, the fire rate is comparable to the Shrotbow, while it does 10 less damage. Lead Balls brings it up to equal damage, but it only has 20 ammo.

Only playing with it two times without having any numbers to back up your claims does not lend you much credibility. Check the spreadsheet the next time you want to make balance assertions, please.

Not to mention it’s no easier to hit with than any of the bows. In fact, the release mechanic makes it harder to hit with for some, though that’s entirely subjective.

Sprinting while firing doesn’t work consistently, and is a fringe benefit at best. Unlimited ammo is similar; it’s not actually very useful. I feel Pebbles should be brought down to 50 or so ammo so it can be buffed otherwise.

Oh no my credibility :( My comment is based solely on my own experiance and is MY opinion of the sling. You telling me that the shortbow is better or that the sling isn’t any easier to hit with than any other bow dont tell me shit. I feel the sling is overpowered but as said, that’s just my opinion.
    Now I respect that you have another opinion, but can you respect mine?
    And no, I didn’t look at any got damn spreadsheet.

• @SavageBeatings:

What about the option to use a sling and a shield together? It was actually used by those slingers that were skirmishing, and not by those firing from a safe distance.

There’s this video talking about it, and here’s some pictures:

Well I actually like this idea! :) But the sling can be deadly in a experienced players hands.

• Infinite ammo isn’t an issue imo… Especially when a typical player will miss 5 shots then land one for minimal damage. No ammo boxes in some game modes makes me disagree with reducing pebble ammo a bit more.

Btw… Congratulations, Jonystrom! You’re the first person I’ve ever seen call the sling overpowered.

• I think if your going to use the sling, your better off being more of a melee archer than a ranged one. the sling is just an excuse to chip off health from the enemy, then get in close to finish them off with melee. It’s a tactical weapon, not a full on hard hitter like the xbow/warbow obviously.

• @MetalDevil19:

I think if your going to use the sling, your better off being more of a melee archer than a ranged one. the sling is just an excuse to chip off health from the enemy, then get in close to finish them off with melee. It’s a tactical weapon, not a full on hard hitter like the xbow/warbow obviously.

Except what’s to stop someone from doing the same thing with a Shortbow, or even a Warbow? It’d be far more effective. Then there’s the Javelin, which has even more advantages in this role.

Besides, archers aren’t built for melee. Unless the Sling gave some melee-focused benefits (like a Buckler, or improved secondaries) this just wouldn’t cut it.

• @NikolaiLev:

@MetalDevil19:

I think if your going to use the sling, your better off being more of a melee archer than a ranged one. the sling is just an excuse to chip off health from the enemy, then get in close to finish them off with melee. It’s a tactical weapon, not a full on hard hitter like the xbow/warbow obviously.

Except what’s to stop someone from doing the same thing with a Shortbow, or even a Warbow? It’d be far more effective. Then there’s the Javelin, which has even more advantages in this role.

Besides, archers aren’t built for melee. Unless the Sling gave some melee-focused benefits (like a Buckler, or improved secondaries) this just wouldn’t cut it.

I’ve done plenty of good as meleeing as archer, cuz I’m not that bad at it. shortbow still does more damage, especially head shotting.