Best/worst voice acting?

• The voice acting is great for the most part!

Personal opinion-

Best: Agatha vanguard, he sounds completely psychotic

Worst: Mason archer, worst voice acting i can recall in any game

Your opinion?

• Haha, your opinion seems closer to a fact, IN MY OPINION. XD

Both The MAA’s seems like the best voice actor. I think they’re done by the same guy, cuz he’s just that good.

• @MetalDevil19:

Haha, your opinion seems closer to a fact, IN MY OPINION. XD

The MAA’s seems like the best voice actors. I think they’re done by the same guy.

Sir Loin will be happy to hear this ;)

• Mason Vanguard, the only warcry worth spamming.

The taunts kind of suck though, especially compared to archer and MAA :(

• The correct pronunciation of trebuchet would be good. It is pronounced the same in english (including US english……zzz) as it is in french. Please fix it :)
    Love the vangaurd voices.
    In general the voice acting is some of the best for any game, its not pretentious, and suites the theme.
    It’s an important feature of the game and certainly adds to the immersion factor.

• Agatha Vanguard by far. Its the only reason I play that side ever. So much hilarity. The laughs, the taunts, supportive shout outs etc. That class has it all.

“Im here, to assist!” “Never fear, I am here!”
    insert psychotic laugh x 5 < clearly meant to troll
    “What a fry of fornication of is upon me.”

Good stuff, good stuff indeed!

Agatha Vanguard aside though, my personal favourite taunt is from the Agatha Knight.
    “Their forces are made up of, how much low peasantry!”

So much win ;)

• All of them! Because of the taunts, and taunts alone! :D

I love the contrast between them too. Some are rather eloquent and aristocratic, like the Agatha Knight (“Dost thou insist to fill the world with viscious qualities!” or “Dost thou jeer and t-taunt me in the teeth?”) and the Mason Man-at-Arms (“You should be women, and yet your beards forbid me from interpret that you are so!”), and some are more vulgar, like the Agatha Man-at-Arms (“You smell like a woman!” or “Your sword is a little short, if you know what I mean”) and the Mason Vanguard (“Over here, squire! I need help with my codpiece!”). But especially the contrast found in the Mason Knight - he sounds like such a brute, but he makes rather intelligent insults or at the very least, speak with finer words.

• @SavageBeatings:

But especially the contrast found in the Mason Knight - he sounds like such a brute, but he makes rather intelligent insults or at the very least, speak with finer words.

“Are thou my eunuch? I shall make it so.”

Only the Mason Archer seems a bit unmemorable, though even he has some biting taunts.

“Are you lost in thought? Must be unfamiliar territory!”

On the whole, best VO work in any game I’ve played. Only TF2 and perhaps BC2 come close.

• I must say that the worst VA in my opinion was that of the Mason Archer, runner up is the Mason Vanguard, but that might be due to the “helmet voice” he has.

The best goes out to Agatha MaA and the Mason Knight.

• Best = Agatha Vanguard

Worst = Mason Vanguard, sounds like it was recorded with a toaster.

• I like all the voice acting to be honest, it’s nice to hear such diverse lines across all the classes.

Have to laugh when I try to say ‘sorry’ with the Mason Knight… none of them are sincere. ;) Could be the same for other Mason classes, but I don’t play them often enough to say.

• IMHO, Mason knight - I just love both the voice and stuff he’s shouting around.
    I tire of mead…! :D

Btw, is there a complete list of taunts/etc. somewhere (like, all classes, all options)?
    English is not my first language, and I’m not sure what exactly they’re talking about at times.

• @Sir:

Btw, is there a complete list of taunts/etc. somewhere (like, all classes, all options)?
    English is not my first language, and I’m not sure what exactly they’re talking about at times.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9447

• @gregcau:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9447

Oh, great!
    Thanks, I was looking for it but missed it.

• @Sir:

Worst = Mason Vanguard, sounds like it was recorded with a toaster.

Well, I don’t know… while the sound quality of his voice recording surely is worse in comparison, the Mason Vangard is the only one whose voice actually sounds like it’s coming from somebody wearing a closed helmet.

• Mason Vanguard certainly seems a lot more quieter than the other classes.

I love the voicework in this game 10/10, it’s part of what got me to buy it when I watched a few vids on Youtube.

Fav: Mason Knight/MaA

Least Fav: Mason Archer

• @DaciaJC:

@SavageBeatings:

But especially the contrast found in the Mason Knight - he sounds like such a brute, but he makes rather intelligent insults or at the very least, speak with finer words.

“Are thou my eunuch? I shall make it so.”

Only the Mason Archer seems a bit unmemorable, though even he has some biting taunts.

“Are you lost in thought? Must be unfamiliar territory!”

On the whole, best VO work in any game I’ve played. Only TF2 and perhaps BC2 come close.

“Your parents, are the siblings?” The most ironic taunts is agatha archer “come here and fight me like a man!”, especially when hes up on the ramparts on stonehill making vanguards into voodoo dolls, because you cant actually go up there and fight him like a man

• I think that’s what Sir Loin was going for with the Agatha Archer.

Something like an ironic man child who can’t help but show his shit eating grin when he taunts you from the battlements and turns you into a pin cushion. You can practically hear the VA smiling to himself when you hear the Archer say “Why don’t you come here and fight me like a man!”

• Best - Mason Knight, the guy is so hilariously mental and barbaric!

Worst - Mason Vanguard, he just sounds too American for medieval era, I actually find he breaks the immersion and I usually try to avoid using his voice commands lol.

• I also find the Mason Knight is the best for voices…… it’s one of the main reasons why I pick the Knight or the Masons when playing.

He’s just psychotic in just about everything he says… like a cross between the Ultimate Warrior and Ozzy Osbourne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlmA-cv9jag

"I Tire of Mead…. I thirst… FOR BLOOOOOODDDD!!!"