No more burning ragdolls screaming forever

• Hello, first I want to say that I really enjoy this game and I’m very excited for any new additions that will come to in in the months to come. But one thing that irks me the most is how people who die from burn damage such as firepots and torches will continue screaming until their disappearance.

It really stars to do my head in, especially with max ragdolls on. If the screaming could be shortened to about one or two ‘on fire’ voice lines, that would make it far less aggravating for the players and more realistic.

Thank you for your time!

• Their screams are a symphony to my ears. If you don’t like them, disable sound.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Their screams are a symphony to my ears. If you don’t like them, disable sound.

Agreed. But someones going to have to hear that clanky knight coming up behind them

• I think dead people should stop screaming when you cut their heads off.

• @Matt:

I think dead people should stop screaming when you cut their heads off.

This.

I was highly disappointed after I chopped this guy into tiny little pieces and he kept on screaming. :P

The worst example is when a bunch of guys died to boiling oil at the same time, it’s like a symphony of destruction.

• @DokB:

The worst example is when a bunch of guys died to boiling oil at the same time, it’s like a symphony of destruction.

Did you mean: One Direction

• One Direction?

Yeah I guess I meant that, if by One Direction you also meant One Direction being scaled by a boiling liquid.

• A dead person shouldn’t be screaming at all…let alone make any type of noise.

• @MetalDevil19:

A dead person shouldn’t be screaming at all…let alone make any type of noise.

A sizzling noise, if he’s on fire.

• @DokB:

Ah, a true orchestra indeed. I am a composer of a sorts as well and my favourite stage is Argon’s wall with its 2 ammo boxes strategically placed on the top of the tower.
    @Matt:

I think dead people should stop screaming when you cut their heads off.

That makes sense I suppose.
    @MetalDevil19:

Heh, you kinda missed the moral of the game. The thing is they are NOT dead. They are DYING. What I like about CMW is that it shows that violence is not clean, nor is it cool. It actually is a very dirty, painful business and it takes A LOT of skill to cause quick death. That is the main reason I am not in favour of the 3rd person view - it deprives people of this dimension of violence. They cannot see the heavy, sharp and cold, terribly cold blade inevitebly approaching their face and potentially cutting through their panickingly (and uselessly) closed eyelids or hitting their mouths, smashing the teeth. And then… then you fall, toothless and eyeless, gurgling with your own blood and fully aware of the pain and of the fact that you are going to die. And that it can take 3 or 4 minutes…
    Experiences such as these can make you realise things.

• @SavageBeatings:

@MetalDevil19:

[image:30n0a18u]http://bacontoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/frying-bacon.jpg[/image:30n0a18u]

aah some good old bacon ! yummy :D

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Their screams are a symphony to my ears. If you don’t like them, disable sound.

That’s the dumbest advice I’ve heard this week. This ragdoll screaming thing is a bug which I brought up loooong time ago and it was confirmed by devs. They said they were going to fix it but they haven’t

• You’re totally right, I should have recomended him to pierce his ear drums instead.

Hmmmmm… bacon…

• I’ve cut someone’s head off, and they and their body fell off the side of a drop, and they started doing a falling-to-death scream that lasted like 10 seconds. I’ve done this multiple times. I’ve even seen the head fall further than the body and I can confirm at least this much: the body is screaming, not the head. I don’t know what this reveals about the dev’s understanding of the human anatomy, or what kind of mutated creatures they’ve designed, but the body continues screaming up to 5 minutes after death.

• I find that hilarious though. Especially when you or someone dies and their body maybe falls off the side of a slight step which only has an elevation of maybe 10cm and you hear the “WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH”

• @Oy:

I’ve cut someone’s head off, and they and their body fell off the side of a drop, and they started doing a falling-to-death scream that lasted like 10 seconds.

That’s clearly cheating! :D

• Developer

Its been bugged. They were supposed to stop screaming at death originally but a feature bug kept them going for a little bit and many players liked a little bit of the continuation- now that the ragdoll slider is in, its kind have exacerbated the issue to a rediculous degree. Its in the code bug queue to shut them up sooner. :D

• Just switch to a blunt weapon and bash their skulls into mush…. that’ll shut those scream heads up.

That’s is, if you can get a hold of their rolling head 8-)

• Tried that, doesn’t work.

Even hitting screaming corpses with a catapult and sending them flying into the skybox doesn’t stop them screaming.

• @Woodzi:

@SavageBeatings:

@MetalDevil19:

[image:gzyppm3v]http://bacontoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/frying-bacon.jpg[/image:gzyppm3v]

aah some good old bacon ! yummy :D

That is alot of bacon…I hope that was for multiple people. That burning sound is coming from the body, but my point is that the body isn’t intentionally doing it. It’s a bug that needs fixin’ end of story.