Sponsored competitiveness.

• I was wondering once, why couldn’t TB sponsor any tournaments like offer some prizes and incentives to help the competitive scene grow? Unless it is happening and I’m unaware of it me being european and all.
    But imagine how much more people would care, not just clan people but average folks having a shot at it, if there was any sort of incentive towards winning a tournament.

• I agree that this would be great ^^

• Also, the current competitive scene, as small as it is, is barely advertised, people have no idea tourneys and such even happen.

• They had to fix the tracers first and sounds like they have more balance/gameplay fixes in mind.

• Well let’s face it: TB don’t give a shit about the competitive scene atm and therefore the competitive side of this game will be dead in a few months.

• Well there are even no european beta servers and you’d like TB to sponsor some european ESL tournaments? Yeah we can dream ;)

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Well there are even no european beta servers and you’d like TB to sponsor some european ESL tournaments? Yeah we can dream ;)

Whats the point of putting a Beta server in each continent? I doubt it will be in Beta for long.

• @elitenoob:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Well there are even no european beta servers and you’d like TB to sponsor some european ESL tournaments? Yeah we can dream ;)

Whats the point of putting a Beta server in each continent? I doubt it will be in Beta for long.

Because europeans are better at video games.
    But seriously, having a bigger number of beta testers means an obvious difference. We’re talking about helping improve the game not getting a first glance at some beta.

• @loriziell:

@elitenoob:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Because europeans are better at video games.
    But seriously, having a bigger number of beta testers means an obvious difference. We’re talking about helping improve the game not getting a first glance at some beta.

Someone from Europe could change their server over from live to Beta. There are plenty of european private servers.

• @elitenoob:

Someone from Europe could change their server over from live to Beta. There are plenty of european private servers.

So you’re saying instead of relying on the devs we have to support each other. That won’t help things grow you know.

• @afiNity:

Well let’s face it: TB don’t give a shit about the competitive scene atm and therefore the competitive side of this game will be dead in a few months.

There was even more action around in the competitive scene back in the AoC days!!
    Which i think is quite disappointing :x

• The game is still a little buggy to be calling first-party cash tournaments. Let them focus on polish first, but a competitive scene that’s not driven by the community is one that’s going to die fast, not the other way around. No one cares about the dev support, look at Starcraft. People just have to get up and organize stuff, make others take notice and then things get rolling.

Prove it’s a good spectator sport, find good casters to make things interesting, smooth out tournament operations, advertise in places where people like e-sports. TeamLiquid, Reddit, Twitch, random LoL forums?! If you have a tournament, make sure people know about it. Hell, fire off some messages to the TGS guys to see if they want to just post a short video telling people there’s a big ESL Chivalry tournament. They’ve already done some nice Chivalry content, but not for the last while, so it’d be nice to leverage that kind of viewership. Those who liked the Chivalry content the first time around were new and probably bought the game, maybe now that competitive stuff comes out they’d want to watch that.

• I looked at some Chivalry LTS match and got bored after 10 seconds ^^. I would suggest displaying anything but LTS :D.

• @Snuffeldjuret:

I looked at some Chivalry LTS match and got bored after 10 seconds ^^. I would suggest displaying anything but LTS :D.

LTS is definitely more fun to play than to watch, but that’s because some maps are too big for the small-team competitive LTS in my opinion. Or at least too easy to hide/turtle in? It’s been discussed that a secondary objective would be nice to give an incentive to actually move out (thinking of Throne Room in particular), but when teams play passive it can get pretty lame, certainly.

You gotta watch the archers at the beginning of a round though, not the people behind the palisades =p

• Calm down and be patient. Any kind of competitive scene needs time to naturally grow. You can try to warp things ahead artificially with big starter cash tournaments and stuff but that doesn’t really help in the long run.

Besides the devs are actually working on refining the game and eliminating bugs to make competitive play more viable!

• @Daiyuki:

@Snuffeldjuret:

I looked at some Chivalry LTS match and got bored after 10 seconds ^^. I would suggest displaying anything but LTS :D.

LTS is definitely more fun to play than to watch, but that’s because some maps are too big for the small-team competitive LTS in my opinion. Or at least too easy to hide/turtle in? It’s been discussed that a secondary objective would be nice to give an incentive to actually move out (thinking of Throne Room in particular), but when teams play passive it can get pretty lame, certainly.

You gotta watch the archers at the beginning of a round though, not the people behind the palisades =p

I agree. I love playing/watching TO more. I once had a love for LTS, but TO is more constant action, as well as every second counts type mentality. Plus, in TO you see much more diverse class selections, as opposed to LTS which seems to be heading toward an archer heavy affair(at least in NA).

We need another TO tourney with a lot of forum awareness prior to it happening.

• Well I’m still not sure how good Chivalry is as a spectator sport from Third Person or Free Ranged Camera. It looks good in First Person but the spectator camera is very buggy and I’m not sure if it’s possible to get it working perfectly. The game should be more hilarious than it looks in Third Person…I think we might need to try a tournament where things are slowed down to 90% for team play.

• It is a lot more important to make it fun for less skilled and more casual clans than to make it fun to watch though.

• And how would you do that? TB already buffed the MAA and nerfed (or at least not buffed) the VG coz of casual and less-skilled players complaining on the forum.

• If TB is going to listen to the masses of pub players then i fear for what is going to become of the game.