Sponsored competitiveness.

• You know, there are some good football players, but they are racist, it’s unfortunate for THEM, not the game or the tournaments. Competitive spirit is in the bubble of sportsmanship, not the other way around.

@kywild:

As long as they show some degree of sportsmanship during the match there’s nothing to complain about.

Some degree, alright and so do they??

There was screenshots of them basically being completely rude and insulting towards their opponents during the last LTS tourney (or it might have been a normal scrim), and it was NOT in good taste or competitive banter… Were they not accused of hacking / DoS’ing the server too?

Watching the stream as well, I think it was the first or second stream of the tourney and some of them were being very rude and throwing personal insults……That’s when it made complete sense why they were not included in the tourney.

• For me, whatever happens outside of tournaments, stays outside of tournaments. I couldn’t care less if you hacked or had a bad attitude in the past, but do it during the tournament and face the consequences (assuming the rules exist and are clear on it). This is how we did shit in AoC for many years at least.

Were they not accused of hacking / DoS’ing the server too?

We know who the “DoS’er” was, and when we told VK, they removed that person and we respect them for that decision.

• @Martin:

For me, whatever happens outside of tournaments, stays outside of tournaments. I couldn’t care less if you hacked or had a bad attitude in the past, but do it during the tournament and face the consequences (assuming the rules exist and are clear on it). This is how we did shit in AoC for many years at least.

Were they not accused of hacking / DoS’ing the server too?

We know who the “DoS’er” was, and when we told VK, they removed that person and we respect them for that decision.

How do you expect anyone to judge what happens in a Chivalry tournament game? We don’t even have demo recording capability. Even with casters the game is not fully documented and there’s no way to know what kind of input is being done by every person. You also can’t monitor what happens in private steam chats between players.

I’ve already said that I am, personally, ready to give VK a chance but giving out clean slates for tournaments in this game is a terrible idea.

• You also can’t monitor what happens in private steam chats between players.

Rumours around who said what in private chat should NEVER influence who should partake in a tournament. I seriously cannot believe we’re even discussing this…

• @Martin:

For me, whatever happens outside of tournaments, stays outside of tournaments. I couldn’t care less if you hacked or had a bad attitude in the past, but do it during the tournament and face the consequences (assuming the rules exist and are clear on it). This is how we did shit in AoC for many years at least.

Gotta pause there. There is a point where you need to be laughed out of the competitive community and never taken seriously as a clan again.

you reach that point when you start hacking for any reason. Can never be trusted, its like the competitive gaming equivalent to murder. Hack chivalry, be a documented chivalry hacker, never be allowed in a tournament, never allow a clan with you in it, in a tournament. Game over dont pass go.

• @Martin:

You also can’t monitor what happens in private steam chats between players.

Rumours around who said what in private chat should NEVER influence who should partake in a tournament. I seriously cannot believe we’re even discussing this…

And the other points?

Anyway, I see no reason to let someone who has personally insulted you and/or your clan play in a tournament you are hosting. Private or not, it was IO’s private choice to exclude VK. Run your own tournament if you want to see VK play.

• That is precisely what will be happening in future.

• @NabsterHax:

@Martin:

You also can’t monitor what happens in private steam chats between players.

And the other points?

Anyway, I see no reason to let someone who has personally insulted you and/or your clan play in a tournament you are hosting. Private or not, it was IO’s private choice to exclude VK. Run your own tournament if you want to see VK play.

It’s not a competitive tournament then, personally I let competition come before personal opinions and vendettas.

• @JCash:

@Martin:

Gotta pause there. There is a point where you need to be laughed out of the competitive community and never taken seriously as a clan again.

you reach that point when you start hacking for any reason. Can never be trusted, its like the competitive gaming equivalent to murder. Hack chivalry, be a documented chivalry hacker, never be allowed in a tournament, never allow a clan with you in it, in a tournament. Game over dont pass go.

I think he ment people hacking outside of competitive. Like speedhacking on a pub etc. If someone is known to cheat in competitive matches then yeah they would get excluded in the future ^^ But that’s not the case here.

• Love how everyone told us that not inviting VK for this tourney was a good idea, and now all of a sudden we’re assholes for it.

• @kywild:

I think he ment people hacking outside of competitive. Like speedhacking on a pub etc. If someone is known to cheat in competitive matches then yeah they would get excluded in the future ^^ But that’s not the case here.

Are you kidding? Letting someone you know has a speedhack into a tournament? Even if they only used it to be silly in pub, what’s to say they wouldn’t just stick it on a slower, less noticeable but still significant setting in competitive games? You lose any meaning of competition if the guys who beat you are known cheaters.

• Cheaters must be banned from any kind of competition. Doesn’t matter if they cheated public or in a scrim.

• Here is what it boils down to.

Lets say X cheated/exploited/ <insert excuse="" here="">in the past. X is fighting Y in a tournament. X can win legitimately or illegitimately (this is the key point). If we wins legitimately, then he wins, end of story. If he wins illegitimately, he gets disqualified and Y continues.

Outright saying X cannot play at any point in the future ever because of something that happened in the past is what the problem is with competitive play with these days (and I’m not talking about just Chivalry, I’m talking about any competition); people are scared to face each other so they try and get rid of any decent competition before the damn thing is even played.

This is why we enforce something called ‘tournament rules’ and record games. If you suspect a person of cheating, a group of unbiased people take into account the footage and what the rules are and make the decision to either let them through or disqualify them. Simple, really.

You lose any meaning of competition if the guys who beat you are known cheaters.

As I said above… you lose any meaning of competition when you wipe the competition before any games have even taken place. A person who did undesirable things in the past can still go on to take part in tournaments and even outright win them completely legitimately.

Rules exist for a reason. Make use of them. As long as everyone plays fair in a tournament, everyone can be happy, and the competition can thrive.</insert>

• But it is not like it is different in other “competitive scenes”. Just look at sports. Nobody cares if you were doped only in the last tournament and are clean now. You proved you are a bad sportsman, disrespect the rules and cheat and this is what you get: a ban. In real world sports its mostly temporary though. Why should it be any different in e-sports?

• @Martin:

Outright saying X cannot play at any point in the future ever because of something that happened in the past is what the problem is with competitive play with these days (and I’m not talking about just Chivalry, I’m talking about any competition); people are scared to face each other so they try and get rid of any decent competition before the damn thing is even played.

This +10000

It’s not even about cheating, nobody from VK “cheated” but VK simply got banned from a tournament for flaming wich is downright pathetic and one of the reasons ESL is superior to private tournaments, because they are neutral. I don’t think anybody who defends “ban x from tournament for flaming” has ever played in a bigger competitive scene in any of the big games (SC2,Dota 2,CS) where almost every tournament is 100% neutral regardless of someones past. But apparently in a game, where skulls explode and limbs get chopped off some people prefer to be little girls and make a hissy fit about smacktalk instead of taking a challenge.

• Kinda obvious for you to say that crushed, considering that you were banned on ESL for hacking.

In CS, once you have been outed as a hacker, you remain a hacker forever. Once a cheater, always a cheater. It’s not worth giving someone trust who has already shown that they are not deserving of that trust.

As for chivalry…well, when you joined IO, you actually told us that you adjusted your frame-rates in the game to give you an advantage over other players. In my book, that is unsportsmanlike and equal to cheating/hacking/whatever, and for that reason alone I would never take part in a tournament where the organizers permit known cheaters/hackers/whatevers to take part.

Competitiveness or not, I refuse to compete with people who do not know the meaning of fair fighting. That being said, I have taken part in competitive play in a number of ‘bigger competitive scenes’ (cs, cs:s, q3, bf3 and several other known games). In none of these scenes, players pasts have been ignored. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Also, in regards to the flaming/trolling. A clan is responsible for the actions of its members. Therefore, if players in your clan go around telling other people to get cancer, or if your players go around throwing racist insults around, then that clan has to deal with the consequences. In your case, members of the actual clan leadership took part in the racist slander.

So, regardless of the history between some of your members and IO, you have proven, multiple times, after leaving the clan, that you are not interested in a neutral relationship between our clans. Your interest seems to lie in trolling other clans and verbally abusing other players. Such people are not welcome in any event that I plan or organize. If other clans want to welcome such behavior, then that is their own decision and, undoubtedly, they will also see how your clan chooses to present itself.

Call me pathetic if you like. I don’t care.

• @demon_cleaner:

Kinda obvious for you to say that crushed, considering that you were banned on ESL for hacking.

Proof? No ban on my ESL Account, nor was I ever VAC banned. Empty Accusations with nothing to back it up.

‘Member since: October 18, 2007’

@demon_cleaner:

As for chivalry…well, when you joined IO, you actually told us that you adjusted your frame-rates in the game to give you an advantage over other players. In my book, that is unsportsmanlike and equal to cheating/hacking/whatever, and for that reason alone I would never take part in a tournament where the organizers permit known cheaters/hackers/whatevers to take part.

Yeah, i said that i use the lowest graphics settings possible to maintain a 120 FPS, since i have a 120 hz monitor. I also said that higher fps = more responsive input, but that’s the nature of frames in any game :), and of course 120 fps gives me a fluid gameplay and an advantage over someone with 25 FPS, Lol. Now, you said you were part in bigger competitive scenes, then you should know this is completely legitimate. Tough, now that you put it equal to cheating, i guess its just another lie you made up to make your post sound more believable to yourself since you try the hardest to make me look bad, which makes me question your whole post.

Also at your whole “krushedd is evil guy and only flame” thing, you can ask most of the european competitive players that actually know me (note to yourself: know, not judge over other peoples rumors) and they will tell you something completely different.

But as usual i don’t really care what you are trying to tell me here. Just the usual badmouthing at your best. I really didn’t expect anything else from you. Your becoming boring for me, always the same. Just stop wasting my time. I’m sick of having to defend myself from your nonsense.

• Thank you Crushed. You have just proven my point that you are dishonest and a liar. The fact that you had the ESL bans removed from your public ESL profile does not mean that they did not happen.

Also, yes, editing your config files to give you an advantage over other players is dishonest play (the game caps your fps at 62). In other games, editing your config files in such a way is not permitted. At professional tournaments, you are required to hand in your config file for review before you are allowed to take part.

‘Other peoples rumors’…well, you were a member of our clan and you showed us what kind of a person you are. That has nothing whatsoever to do with rumors, it has to do with facts and actions that you did. I also have screenshots of your racist slander.

So yeah…everything I say is entirely unfounded and imagined. All I have ever done is make up lies. Everyone knows that, because I lie all the time!!!

pad

3019 19/09/09 18:00

( Archived)

Strafpunkte (12) Derzeit wegen zu vieler Strafpunkte in allen Ligen gesperrt.
    verfällt am 16.06.11
    12 Punkte Cheating
    Strafpunkte wegen Umgehungsversuch neu angesetzt
    Response of reactioN: # 3018 19/09/09 19:14
    ORLY?

• @demon_cleaner:

Also, yes, editing your config files to give you an advantage over other players is dishonest play (the game caps your fps at 62). In other games, editing your config files in such a way is not permitted. At professional tournaments, you are required to hand in your config file for review before you are allowed to take part.

lol. just lol, you know absolutely NOTHING. there wasn’t a single competitive fps in the past that had a rule enforced fps cap or where setting your fps higher then 300 or whatever was banned in a competitive league. this proves you are a liar and not me.

Also you should post actual PROOF if you want to sound convincing.

• Crushed, please learn to read. I never said that any game had an enforced fps cap.