Customization: Trophy Helmets

• This idea stemmed from a few days ago. After defeating my friend, who was playing a knight, in a duel, I pulled out my man at arms’ cudgel a poked his helmet off; jokingly exclaiming “Aw, I’m gonna steal your helmet,” to which he replied “You wish.” I then realized that yes, I do wish.

I’ve spent a little bit thinking about how to make that idea (stealing other classes’ helmets) into an unlockable via some kind of achievement. I figured it would be something like so: Kill X number of Y class while playing as Z class, and you unlock Y classes’ helmets for Z class. Or, with the blanks filled in: Say I killed 100 vanguards while playing as a man at arms; I would unlock Mason and Agathian vanguard helmets for man at arms of both factions. Agathian man at arms with a Mason vanguard helmet? Yes! Mason vanguard with a Mason knight helmet? Also yes!

Now, I’ll admit, this is a silly idea, and only really works if you ignore archers (because a knight wearing an archer helmet and an archer wearing a vanguard helmet are both equally silly), but who cares? That’s the fun thing about this being an indie game: It doesn’t have to be all serious all the time. I mean, have you actually played the game? It’s a Goddang world of ham out there, and it’s incredibly silly.

• Oh my god, I could spend hours stealing helmets while not actually killing people! 8-)

• @Unit:

Oh my god, I could spend hours stealing helmets while not actually killing people! 8-)

Wait, what? I can’t tell if you’re mocking me or not, but this suggestion isn’t be able to actually steal your opponent’s helmets; merely to be able to unlock another classes’ helmet for your class after you kill a bunch of their class.

• @Ramare:

Wait, what? I can’t tell if you’re mocking me or not, but this suggestion isn’t be able to actually steal your opponent’s helmets; merely to be able to unlock another classes’ helmet for your class after you kill a bunch of their class.

Oh wait, thats not what you meant? Goddamnit! 8-)

• @Unit:

@Ramare:

Oh wait, thats not what you meant? Goddamnit! 8-)

Yeah, that isn’t what I meant.

Though I suppose a man at arms running into a heated battle, warcry and everything, then stealing a knight helmet and running away while laughing would be funny.