The Holy Water Sprinkler

• I have a word on the holy water sprinkler. My good friend +KoC+ XaleUdo, an extremely skilled level 45 knight, and I strongly believe this weapon needs a little tweak. Lets take a look at the pros and cons of the weapon.

pros:

-pierceblunt damage(pretty much best typing)

-decent stab

cons:

-the worst MaA weapon at comboing when it is meant to be fast

-the hatchet and norse sword can also 3shot knights and 2shot vanguards but faster

-typically(without head-hits) 4shots knights and 3shots vanguards and MaA

-pitiful reach when the norse sword is longer reaching and faster and can kill in the same amount of hits

-basically useless

prove the above to yourself here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? … URHN29TZnc

Xale and I think the only way to tweak this weapon is to simply give it a 1.0-1.05 combo time in all attacks. In this way it will actually be viable. As for now, there is no good reason I should use this weapon as my secondary over the norse sword. The sprinkler is pretty much meant to be the pierceblunt variation of the hatchet, but the speed just isn’t there. I really want a hatchet-like pierceblunt weapon that I can use as my knight secondary and you might say it already is one, but its just not viable enough to use. The holy water sprinkler is currently the worst MaA weapon at comboing, even worse the the DANE AXE. The holy water sprinkler is meant to be the faster but shorter and slightly less damaging version of the morning star. Then why in the world is it worse at comboing than the dane axe that is worse at comboing than the morning star??? Some of you might say “but i use the morning star and its works” thats just because right now it’s hard to parry, that is fixed in the beta. Once that beta goes live and if you dont fix the sprinkler tornbanner, it will become an extremely predictable and very easy weapon to defend against and will only be efffective with feint spam. No one likes feint spam.

+KoC+ Tau
    level 30 knight

• All of these weapons are fixed in the beta
    the actual problem with Dane was just how impossible it was to block, fixed now
    Falchion is still a bit weird though

and I wouldn’t call any of the MAA weapons underpowered
    none of them need a buff

• @BB:

All of these weapons are fixed in the beta
    the actual problem with Dane was just how impossible it was to block, fixed now
    Falchion is still a bit weird though

and I wouldn’t call any of the MAA weapons underpowered
    none of them need a buff

eh, when you compare the morning star and the hws to other MaA weapons they r crap

• @Jstorm:

eh, when you compare the morning star and the hws to other MaA weapons they r crap

Did you just call the morning star crap? :D

The morning star is a very good weapon and definitely not in need of ANY buffs.

• Sprinkler too, the fastest MAA weapon

You know that the bashing weapons do more damaged against Vans and Knights right?

• @BB:

Sprinkler too, the fastest MAA weapon

You know that the bashing weapons do more damaged against Vans and Knights right?

yes and you know that the sprinkler had its speed shat on in the latest patch right?

• @BB:

use the morning star for 10 hours, use the broadsword, war axe, falchion or dane axe for 10 hours, you will understand.

• @Jstorm:

@BB:

use the morning star for 10 hours, use the broadsword, war axe, falchion or dane axe for 10 hours, you will understand.

oops meant to quote the other statement

• @Falc:

@Jstorm:

use the morning star for 10 hours then use the broadsword, falchion, war axe or dane axe for 10 hours you will understand.

• Hatchet’s faster and can 3 shot knights [according to Martin’s Spread sheet] and 2 hits Maa. HWS typically need 3 hits for Maa and 4 for knights. On the same note, I don’t really see a reason to take blunts over axes, however they’re mostly balanced.

• @Falc:

@Jstorm:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kKE8ZNEZ0Vo

• @Jstorm:

yes and you know that the sprinkler had its speed shat on in the latest patch right?

Sprinkler was buffed in the last patch

@Jstorm:

rank 46 MAA main, I wouldn’t call any of the MAA weapons underpowered

@Reimus:

Hatchet’s faster and can 3 shot knights [according to Martin’s Spread sheet] and 2 hits Maa. HWS typically need 3 hits for Maa and 4 for knights. On the same note, I don’t really see a reason to take blunts over axes, however they’re mostly balanced.

I’d say Sprinkler has a bit more range than Hatchet, also Sprinkler has a decent stab

@Jstorm:

someone has wrong opinions on the internet
    nothing new here

though this does actually bring something up
    after looking through the patch notes and at the CMW

• Holy Water sprinkler slash should 2 shot MAA in the torso
    • Holy Water sprinkler stab should 2 shot archer, 3 shot maa in torso

Sprinkler definitely does not do enough damage to 2 shot MAA in the torso, nor two shot archers with stab

I’ll send a pm over to Sly about this

• Before the first new content patch (with Citadel and all that) I almost always used the Morning Star on the MaA. I discovered a new love for the Dane Axe soon after, then I went back to the old favourite eventually (the Broadsword) and then I gave the hatchet a bit of a go and I got a bit of abuse for using it. Then I went back to Morning Star.

Never liked the Falchion once I saw how it couldn’t be blocked in some instances. Morning Star will always be close to my heart and it will always be my preferred weapon of choice. Sure, I’ll miss that delicious swingblunt damage type from the Dane Axe but bludgeoning people to death with a Morning Star will always be the best.

Not to mention the better stab damage it does which always surprises peoples because they never expect a quick poke from the Morning Star.

• sprinkler buffed? ur joking right? it was at 90 speed until they made its combo time 0.7 for all attacks, now its 85

• the morning star is fun and cool and all but cmon, it was my old favorite too but i stoppped using it as my knight secondary because its speed is pitiful

• i guess i worded this incorrectly, mind that i tool the"maces r crap" from shara’s mouth, im trying to say that even though the morning star and hws might be cool and fun and maybe good in some situations, they just don’t compete with other MaA weapons, because the morning star really does have a terrible speed stat and i simply just think they nerfed the sprinkler too hard after the last patch. i think its combo speed should be about 0.625 or 0.65 so that it competes a little better with the hatchet.

• I’m fine with the weapon of choice the Man-at arms can choose. Although certain weapons combinated with the broken unique dodging mechanic the Man-at arms have makes it considered overpowered by players whom play other classes. Its completely broken how you can combine dodge with other moves, Parry, combo, attack and ect.

• I can’t fathom why people think the Norse Sword is bad. I used it almost exclusively up until just a couple weeks ago and had zero problems. 2 stabs kills a vanguard, 4 a knight. I’m pretty sure its stab does more damage than the broadsword.

Quarterstaff is the worst MAA weapon by far. All three of the axes are solid. Falchion’s range is buggy, once it’s fixed that will be a great weapon (it already is if you get accustomed to compensating for its shortcomings).

• The falchion’s slash is difficult to block at the moment. Hence people abuse it by doing nothing but slashes, since they know in order to block each strike in a combo their opponent needs to look to the extreme right or left.

The broadsword has such a great advantage in speed and reach. Longest reach for a 1 hander too. Damage is average at best, but it still does enough that you can 2 shot archers and such. I don’t even know what to do about it, doesn’t feel like it should be nerfed, yet it’s such a highly preferred choice among good MAA players, it’s like what the norse sword used to be around the game’s full release. Which people rarely use because it’s not an OP weapon anymore after it was nerfed. The weapon’s still more than useable, the stab is still fast it just doesn’t 2 shot every class except knights. So naturally if the broadsword is nerfed in some way people will just move onto what they think the next patch made OP. It’s kind of sad.

The HWS still feels off with hit detection, it feels like the reach doesn’t quite match the model, makes it hard to use and difficult to block. I think it’s fine anyway, if you need a weapon that deals blunt damage to knights and vanguards but still need high speed at the cost of damage it’s the way to go. It’s just inferior in any other situation compared to other weapons.

The dane axe shouldn’t be able to combo that fast. Before the Jan patch it felt better as a surgical weapons, aiming a single well-aimed overhead while still keeping a good distance to help avoid a counterattack. Now it feels like a longer hatchet when you combo with it.

There, rant over.

@Jstorm:

Was that really an arrow to the knee joke at the end?

Really?

• @MrRedshark:

Now it feels like a longer hatchet when you combo with it.

The hatchet is so much faster than the Dane Axe though. I think the downside of the Dane Axe is being one of the slowest of the MaA primaries, but it’s combo speed isn’t too bad either. I find though that it’s still fairly easy to block, it’s more like a long reaching Morning Star where it reaches further around the side.

But I rarely slash with the Dane Axe anyway, nor have I run into anyone that really slashes as an MaA anymore except maybe the Falchion abusers so I’m not too sure because I haven’t been on the receiving end too often of a Dane Axe nowadays.