Weird flinch mechanic

• Why is it that when i trade stab with an opponent, i cant queue up a combo but the enemy can? why does this difference happen?

• The person who queued up their strike a little bit later gets the advantage because your strike goes in first and you attempt another combo before him, therefore he hits second and flinches you all while continuing his next attack in the chain.

• wow thats dumb

• Being hit in release should prevent you from comboing in patch 2.

• @SlyGoat:

Being hit in release should prevent you from comboing in patch 2.

But you can start combo if you get hit while in recovery?

• @SlyGoat:

YEESSSS

• @SlyGoat:

No words can express my gratitude.

• @SlyGoat:

And by that you mean the current in-beta patch or the one after that ?

• @Gauntlet:

The person who queued up their strike a little bit later gets the advantage because your strike goes in first and you attempt another combo before him, therefore he hits second and flinches you all while continuing his next attack in the chain.

This is what made Knight so powerful IMO, the ability to trade hits against squishier classes that die in 2 hits from his own 2 handed sword attacks.

I’m glad to see that this will be fixed, it was beyond frustrating to deal with because you would rarely ever think someone would allow themselves to tank a hit before smashing you.

• Patch 2? We’ve had at least two patches since release, and they never fixed this. The idle flinch thing anyway, I don’t know what it has to do with combo’s.

• @Vire70:

Patch 2? We’ve had at least two patches since release, and they never fixed this. The idle flinch thing anyway, I don’t know what it has to do with combo’s.

Patch 2 of the next patch. He means the second part of the next patch, which I believe would be more like patch 4 in the list of all patches.