Different keybindings for different weapons.

• Hello,
    I’m not really sure where to post this and I guess this is kind of technical support?
    I mean, I’m not having an issue but I would like some help.

I remember reading a thread a while back on this topic but it was very vague and didn’t explain much.
    Basically I want to know if I can have separate key bindings for each individual weapon? For example, when I am using swords I prefer to have stab binded to my left mouse button because It’s my favorite and most used attack. However when I switch to my secondary such as a mace or the morning star, I’d like my main attack to be a slash without having to switch my keybindings around in the settings.
    Is there any possible method of doing this? Perhaps in the console? And if there is, can you please detail what I’d need to type into the console in order to do this?
    Thanks for any help!

• Currently you can change binds based on switching to primary or secondary weapon. If you wanted it different say between two different primary weapons (swords vs mauls), then you could create a keybind that triggers changing out your attack button keybinds on the fly for each “setup”.

For example:
    Setup 1:
    Primary: Great Sword
    Secondary: Morning Star

You could have it change mouse button keybinds on the fly switching between the two weapons.

If you had another setup like #2 where you want horizontal slash or overhead on LMB instead of stab for primary and a stab on LMB for secondary:
    Primary: Maul
    Secondary: Broadsword

You could set a keybind that can toggle between your preferred keybind switching setups between setup 1 and 2. You could set a separate keybind for each setup.

• Okay, do you think you could accept my friend request on steam briefly then please? I mean, if you’ve got the time I’d be very appreciative if you could talk me through how to do this since it’s kind of a big issue for me!
    Thanks #
    ~Lucian

• In your UDKGame.ini, you would add this at the bottom of the other keybinds or overwrite the lines if the 1 and 2 keys have binds already:

Bindings=(Name="One",SecondaryKey=,Command="switchweapon 1 | setbind LeftMouseButton startstab | setbind RightMouseButton startfire | setbind MouseScrollUp startaltfire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="Two",SecondaryKey=,Command="switchweapon 2 | setbind LeftMouseButton startfire | setbind RightMouseButton startstab | setbind MouseScrollUp startaltfire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")

So when you hit the 1 key, it switches to primary weapon, LMB = stab, RMB = slash, mouse scroll up = overhead. When you hit the 2 key, it switches to secondary weapon, LMB = slash, RMB = stab, mouse scroll up = overhead. I may have misspelled something so if it explodes, oops!