Can the Masons and Agathans ever attain peace?

• ~~Can the Masons stop killing peasants long enough to consider not killing peasants?

Can the Agathans stop defending the peasants long enough to consider not defending peasants?

Goddamnit, I’m fucking terrible at intros - fuck it, we’ll try again!~~

Can the Agathans and Masons put their differences aside and make peace? Yeah, that’s beter.

Or will there just be war forever or until the Masons win! LATENT MASON BIAS one of the teams wins. Expert wording!

I’m being dead serious. At at the same time, an asshole!

What is your take!
    Leave plenty of comments!
    Tell me all your beliefs!

Or bash me, that works too. 8-)

• I believe that some of the more hardcore Mason members(most troops from Vintaer - the province who resisted Agatha’s rule the longest) might hold some grudges. Depending how large of a force that is or how much influence they have, it could affect any potential peace.

As far as the situation is right now, I doubt there is any likely hood for peace. Mason’s slaughtered the Agatha Royal Family, that’s not something taken lightly. If there is going to be peace it’ll end in beheading on one of the Kings. Either Malric or Feydrin.

Perhaps that when/if the Tenosians get their shit together and invade Agatha, there might be a chance for peace, albeit still a small one. And even if there will be a peace between Agatha and Mason(Even if it is just to fight the Tenosians) it’ll be a fragile peace. Alot of tension between the two armies, basic co-operation will be near impossible, and field troops would most likely kill Mason/Agatha troops during the battle with the Tenosians just because they hate eachother so much.

TL;DR

I see only a very small chance for a brief, fragile peace.

• @SharpshotSid:

I believe that some of the more hardcore Mason members(most troops from Vintaer - the province who resisted Agatha’s rule the longest) might hold some grudges. Depending how large of a force that is or how much influence they have, it could affect any potential peace.

As far as the situation is right now, I doubt there is any likely hood for peace. Mason’s slaughtered the Agatha Royal Family, that’s not something taken lightly. If there is going to be peace it’ll end in beheading on one of the Kings. Either Malric or Feydrin.

Perhaps that when/if the Tenosians get their shit together and invade Agatha, there might be a chance for peace, albeit still a small one. And even if there will be a peace between Agatha and Mason(Even if it is just to fight the Tenosians) it’ll be a fragile peace. Alot of tension between the two armies, basic co-operation will be near impossible, and field troops would most likely kill Mason/Agatha troops during the battle with the Tenosians just because they hate eachother so much.

TL;DR

I see only a very small chance for a brief, fragile peace.

God fucking damnit son!

I wasn’t expecting even a half assed answer from anybody who gave a shit to respond!

That kind of a realistic post deserves a medal! 8-)

• KILL THE STEWARD!!! LONG LIVE MALRIC!!! A HUNDRED GOLD PIECES TO THE MAN WHO BRINGS ME THE STEWARD’S HEAD

• @Skream:

KILL THE STEWARD!!! LONG LIVE MALRIC!!! A HUNDRED GOLD PIECES TO THE MAN WHO BRINGS ME THE STEWARD’S HEAD

None shall pass.

• Agatha shall achieve peace when death reach all masons, extermination is the only way out.

• The Mason Order is a lot more fragile in terms of stability. As far as we know, Malric is the only real command structure that the Mason’s have. Kill Malric and the wars over.

While on the other hand for Agatha, you have the Queen’s family (which you can defend/kill on Dark Forest), the Queen herself who we haven’t yet seen and Feydrid who is acting steward of Stoneshill.

There are plenty of other keeps, citadels, castles, fortified towns I’m sure with potential new characters for a better storyline. I’d love to see the storyline expanded on, but I’m happy with the way it is now.

High ranking Mason Order members I could see would be grizzled war veterans, men who have served under both King Argon and now under Malric, where most only serve to live out the remainder of their life in indulgence, these grizzled war veterans only savor those feelings you get on the battlefield, all they want to do is a bit of rape and pillage. We could even see old warriors from the time of when King Argon “won his war and united his kingdom”.

High ranking Agatha Order members could be defenders of the peace, war veterans, old veterans from the Tenosian Wars. High ranking nobility or even rich and influential merchants.

• @soni2295:

Agatha shall achieve peace when death reach all masons, extermination is the only way out.

:crest: Agatha will rule for eternity :crest:
    :crest: Agatha Forever :crest:
    I selected the 4[superscript:220aiu3y]th[/superscript:220aiu3y] option

• @DokB:

The Mason Order is a lot more fragile in terms of stability. As far as we know, Malric is the only real command structure that the Mason’s have. Kill Malric and the wars over.

While on the other hand for Agatha, you have the Queen’s family (which you can defend/kill on Dark Forest), the Queen herself who we haven’t yet seen and Feydrid who is acting steward of Stoneshill.

There are plenty of other keeps, citadels, castles, fortified towns I’m sure with potential new characters for a better storyline. I’d love to see the storyline expanded on, but I’m happy with the way it is now.

High ranking Mason Order members I could see would be grizzled war veterans, men who have served under both King Argon and now under Malric, where most only serve to live out the remainder of their life in indulgence, these grizzled war veterans only savor those feelings you get on the battlefield, all they want to do is a bit of rape and pillage. We could even see old warriors from the time of when King Argon “won his war and united his kingdom”.

High ranking Agatha Order members could be defenders of the peace, war veterans, old veterans from the Tenosian Wars. High ranking nobility or even rich and influential merchants.

The difference between the Mason Order(and I’m sure that it’s not just Malric that is a sole leader, I expect he has a handfull of Lieutenants) and the Agatha Knights is that they are both unstable. While Feydrid Kearn rules as Steward-King, the Royal Family(including the queen, she’s among them) is at risk of death by the sword(I assume the queen is among then due to one of the Mason Knight lines; “Bring Argon’s queen to me”).

I think what the Mason Order has is this;
    Malric Terrowin as leader of the rebellion, heralded as the true king.
    Several high-ranking generals acting as lieutants.
    Hardcore Mason Order supporters(Most likely either from Vantear and/or Ramnor)

The Agatha Knights however most likely consist of;
    Feydrid Kearn as Steward-King/Military Commander
    Danum Argon as Heir to the throne
    Very divided noble houses(As the case was that Danum Argon was not as popular among the nobles as Alfonso Argon, therefor can/could not speak for a unified Agatha)

To me the outcomes of the war could either be;
    #1 Mason Order Victory; Mason Order manages to prevail over the lands of Agatha and over the Agatha Knights. All men not strong enough to be self-reliant are put to the sword or put to slave-labour. Small band of Agatha Knights might cause trouble for a brief moment, but will eventually be quelled by the Mason forces.
    #1a Same As Above; Malric’s Might-Makes-Right policy turns sour as other Generals stand up to make their own nation. Malric, unwilling to let go of complete Agathian controll, tries to stomp out the rebellions. Agatha once again turns into a civil wartorn hellhole.
    #1b Same as #1; Malric’s right to rule goes unchallenged, does away with Agatha Knights supporters and nay-sayers, starts to prepare for the Tenosian counter-attack.

#2 Agatha Knights Victory; Agatha Knights manage to previal over the Mason Order. Hardcore group of Mason Order supporters(most likely rallying to Vantear) will try to fight back, will resist but eventually all will fall to the blade.
    #2a As Above; PLOT TWIST. Feydrid Kearn usurps the throne from Danum Argon. Agatha splits over in another civil war.
    #2b As #2a; But rather than civil war, majority of nobles supports Feydrid, Feydrid becomes King Feydrid I
    #2b As #2a; Danum Argon managed to recieve greater support of the noble houses/Agatha Knights turn against Feydrid Kearn. Kearn is sentenced to death for treason against the Crown.

#3 Bitter Peace; For whatever reason(“Suddenly Tenosians, Tenosians everywhere!” or “This Isn’t Working Out For Either Of Us”) there is a bitter and unstable peace between the Mason Order and the Agatha Knights.

Most endings then result in either Tenosians showing up, or Tenosians not showing up. Depending on what the Tenosians do, Agatha will become involved in another war or will start the rebuilding process.

• Now you made me curious… I read a fair share of the avaiable Chivalry lore, but where did you get names such as “Vantear and/or Ramnor” from and how are you able to assume that those regions are Mason strongholds? I have yet to find a source for Chivalry lore this detailed.

As for the Agathians, it is often hinted that Feydrid Kearn might do his own thing and that a lot of Agathians don´t quite understand why gave up his power so easily and followed Danum. That is if his death in Stonestill isn`t canon, then we obviously wouldn´t need to care about him.

And regarding the Masons… why would Malric not have a second-in-command… or even a heir to carry on his work? Also, remember that Agatha was just recently and forcefully united. A weakened Agatha could fall apart rapidly even if the Mason order would dissolve after Malric`s death. What about the former rulers of “Vantear and/or Ramnor”? They seem to have a thing for independence, if the previous poster is correct.

And as far as in-game lore goes, I predict that Danum Argon will make an appearance in-game at some point, as it seems highly unlikely that such a prominent key figure would be left out completely, especially since Malric already made it into the game.

Concerning the Tenosian counter attack, that seems somewhat unlikely… to draw a historical comparison, this would be similar to the Muslims from the middle east invading Europe after the crusades. And the lore hints that Malric most likely made up or at least dramatically exaggerated this possibility to have an excuse to leave the Alfonso´s failing crusade with his men.
    However, this would still make a great background for an expansion or even a sequel.

The best chance for “peace” is probably still going to be a “great outside thread” since the devs probably don`t want to declare a faction as defeated… but also not as truly finding peace, since that would relieve all the tension and the drama (the Warcraft lore does this constantly).

• Dey took our jobs

• If they make peace, then there’s no more game to play…. no more sequels.

Where the hell’sa fun in that??

If Malric was slain, all the Masons would do is either have their best warriors fight to declare their prowess of being worthy of leading the Order, or have Malric’s right hand man take over.

If the Agathans were worthy of victory and powerful, the Mason Order wouldn’t have existed and caused as much chaos as they have. They would have been squashed the moment they started recruiting members during the training mission and flung off into the distance, one by one, via the catapults.

The Agathans are Weak and Don’t Deserve Victory, let alone Peace.

@theuprising:

Dey took our jobs

[image:28kcko7c]http://mimg.ugo.com/201012/2/7/2/135272/cuts/took-our-jobs_480x360.jpg[/image:28kcko7c]
    DAY DERK UR JERBS!!!

• No. The concept of peace is stupid. Everything to do with peace is stupid.

• @Don_Kanaille:

Now you made me curious… I read a fair share of the avaiable Chivalry lore, but where did you get names such as “Vantear and/or Ramnor” from and how are you able to assume that those regions are Mason strongholds? I have yet to find a source for Chivalry lore this detailed.

My only guess would be the large maps that you can see on some maps in game. Maps like Hillside in Agatha spawn, there is a big world map with all the land which is divided up between Agatha and Mason, Vantear and Ramnor being on the Red side.

This might be the answer, but I’m not entirely sure.

• @Don_Kanaille:

Now you made me curious… I read a fair share of the avaiable Chivalry lore, but where did you get names such as “Vantear and/or Ramnor” from and how are you able to assume that those regions are Mason strongholds? I have yet to find a source for Chivalry lore this detailed.

I got them from the map, here. Vantear is confirmed to be the Mason holdout of entire Agatha, where as Ramnor is a region full of thieves, killers and other kinds of scum that might agree to the Might-Makes-Right policy.

And here for the Chivalry manual which lists the regions of Agatha from page 27 and onwards.

• Agathians can make peace with the Masons from their GRAVES!

• @SharpshotSid:

@Don_Kanaille:

I got them from the map, here. Vantear is confirmed to be the Mason holdout of entire Agatha, where as Ramnor is a region full of thieves, killers and other kinds of scum that might agree to the Might-Makes-Right policy.

And here for the Chivalry manual which lists the regions of Agatha from page 27 and onwards.

Neat! Thanks a lot.

• Yes, so storyline stuff. Right.

Who wants to kill each other?

I’m right here! I’m basically waiting to eat a broadsword! 8-)