Can you guys actully have 1 non bugged/RNG duel round?

• With 1 patch, everything turned upside down somehow
    I really cant duel anymore. Its way to rng, or godfather bug is with the enemy.
    Duel consists of following:
    2 people face near eachother, 1 makes the move, either hits or not, the next attacks, feints, attacks-
    Mostly, youll get hit by your natural human reflex. Somehow it doesent matter what rank your opponent is. The one who feints better wins the fight. I see low ranks killing high ranks, high ranks dieing to people with bad k/d ratio just because they recently learned about feinting etc.
    I really cant take it anymore. My k/d ratio is i think 1500 to 150 or so.
    The most time i really abuse the feint. Its extremly easy to surpass the opponent. If he has a shield on you just have to kick it and voila a free hit for you sir. Then again I meet low tiers/bad k/d ratio people who feint me to death. Thats all because they trick my natural reflex. Im not a superhuman to read last ms feints
    I dont know if im either good or bad, we all just feint each other without any plan and thats absolutely absurd. We also got bugs like ghost attacks, teleports, animations SUDDENLY get super speeded (I know about counterparry, but somehow things get unnaturaly fast that you cant react)
    Hits going thru shield/parry and other things i forgot about.
    But for me, the most “bugging” part is the feint. I have absolutely no idea if im either good or bad, as i just trick my opponents reflex (and sometimes hits go thru etc). I would have to take an MAA and evade manually to call myself one of the better. But sadly I suck with him hehe.
    Each duel, against anyone who knows how feint works uses it. Its so boring and somehow RNG that im extremly fed up. Im now basicly trolling since 10 duel matches. Taking archer with sling and thrusting dagger and annoy the enemy to death. Its even funny. Sometimes I even manage to get 1 place with that crap combination and spaming stab lol. Just said what I wanted to say.

• _Uhhh…
    _

Yes?

• I spotted feint in there then I gave up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

• elite cant think for himself so he resorted to amateur criticism.

Dont play duels. Duel is there to give you some fresh air out of team matches. feint cannot be made balanced based on duels. You cant make a game that is balanced in all game modes. Take league of legends for example. champions are fairly balanced in 5v5 but there are some ridiculously op or up champions in 3v3

• Yay, another “I can’t predict my enemy the whole time because of Kicks / Feints” thread.

New players just figured out Feinting?

It’s not a secret… they tell you how to do them in the training mission.

I don’t encounter many players in Duel who spam feint or spam kicks… there are some, but they’re the minority. I have a not too shabby KD ratio in Duel myself, and I hardly use kicks or feints.

Even with those who spam either of these, they can still be dealt with.

Bugged?

Don’t know what you’re meaning with that in the subject header. I’ve never personally encountered any ghost swings or teleports, except against someone with an excessively high ping and again, that’s been very few compared to the majority of my experiences.

RNG?

Random Number Generator?

There’s nothing random about what I play in Duels… every player, even if they spam whatever, all have a pattern that can be predicted over time.

• What are you talking about?

How is it even remotely possible to “spam” kicks? They are slow to release and you couldn’t “spam” them even if you tried because your stamina prevents you from doing more than 3 or 4 at tops alongside swinging your weapon.

Not to mention that you should only ever kick the enemy when they raise their shield, are in your face or if you want to change the flow of the fight.

• There have been a number of times where I was against a player where all they did was kick-attack, kick-attack, kick-attack…. free hits almost every single time.

To me, it’s a degree of spam.

In relation, people say players spam M1 Slash attacks… but you technically can’t do that either due to cool down / combo limits, etc… yet that doesn’t stop people from using the term “Spam” 8-)

• If you don’t have a shield, how is a kick-attack a free hit? You can block. Even when you block without any stamina and you get dazed, you can block the followup if the opponent has a two-hander or is slow with the one-handed weapon.

Kick-strafe-feint-attack is more reliable, but stamina-costly and would be pretty much just as effective without the kick. If you’re getting beat by simple kick-attack and you’re not holding a shield up, you’re bad o.o

• I didn’t bother with poorly edited wall of text.

Can someone explain to me where the hell we have RNG in Chivalry ? I’m pretty sure this is not Dota 2.

• Yup this isn’t Dota 2, b/c Dota 2 is a much more competitive game with a flourishing tourney scene.

RNG as in its just LUCK a lot of times who wins the duels thanks to feints. Maybe if duels were best of 5 it would ease the randomness, but as of now 1 failure to read a noob who figured out what the Q button is = death. And its easy to fail reading that, since there are only 2 options, he feints or he doesn’t, which he does is mostly luck especially facing him for the first time.

A game is in a very bad competitive state when unskilled players can topple more skilled players via game mechanics. Generally competitive games have the quality of differentiating 2 skilled players, differentiating b/w an unskilled and skilled player is just a given, and the only place this doesn’t happen is in games with a good degree of luck involved in them, see paper-scissors-rock, Candy Land, Chivalry: medieval warfare, etc.

• @theuprising:

A game is in a very bad competitive state when unskilled players can topple more skilled players via game mechanics.

If you were more skilled you would have feinted first.

• @tomahawku:

With 1 patch, everything turned upside down somehow
    I really cant duel anymore. Its way to rng, or godfather bug is with the enemy.
    Duel consists of following:
    2 people face near eachother, 1 makes the move, either hits or not, the next attacks, feints, attacks-

Mostly, youll get hit by your natural human reflex. Somehow it doesent matter what rank your opponent is. The one who feints better wins the fight. I see low ranks killing high ranks, high ranks dieing to people with bad k/d ratio just because they recently learned about feinting etc.
    I really cant take it anymore. My k/d ratio is i think 1500 to 150 or so.

The most time i really abuse the feint. Its extremly easy to surpass the opponent. If he has a shield on you just have to kick it and voila a free hit for you sir. Then again I meet low tiers/bad k/d ratio people who feint me to death. Thats all because they trick my natural reflex. Im not a superhuman to read last ms feints

I dont know if im either good or bad, we all just feint each other without any plan and thats absolutely absurd. We also got bugs like ghost attacks, teleports, animations SUDDENLY get super speeded (I know about counterparry, but somehow things get unnaturaly fast that you cant react)
    Hits going thru shield/parry and other things i forgot about.

But for me, the most “bugging” part is the feint. I have absolutely no idea if im either good or bad, as i just trick my opponents reflex (and sometimes hits go thru etc). I would have to take an MAA and evade manually to call myself one of the better. But sadly I suck with him hehe.

Each duel, against anyone who knows how feint works uses it. Its so boring and somehow RNG that im extremly fed up. Im now basicly trolling since 10 duel matches. Taking archer with sling and thrusting dagger and annoy the enemy to death. Its even funny. Sometimes I even manage to get 1 place with that crap combination and spaming stab lol. Just said what I wanted to say.

Now with paragraphs inserted by simple spaces, his message seems pretty muddled and confusing.

• With rng I mean trying to parry a hit.
    To me its like this: Either he feints or he wont. There are 2 things you can do:
    1. Attack (Your enemy wants to hit you, but feints. Luckily you attacked earlier)
    2. Parry (Your enemy wants to hit you, but feints. Sadly, you parry too early and take a hit)
    So you NEED to do one of the following, but knowing if its a feint or not takes a damn lot skill. And the most dont have that.
    Killed someone with around 2500 kills and 60 deaths (damn great score)
    Killed him after the second round with heavy feints and flames be being a noob
    Im not saying every feint works, but late ms feints and combo feints pretty often do the job, unless you got a brutal slow weapon like maul
    I cannot predict each weapons feint. Especially 1h.
    The bugs like faster animations/ghost attacks trick me into another feint or simply the attacks hit thru.
    What I mean with this is simply that feint is too easy to promote a player. Even the bad.
    I usually dont feint. But if I happen to die 1 round due to heavy feints, I counter the next round by doing the same. Now its nothing about skill, but whoever abuses it better.
    I just hate that. The parry system needs a rework. I liked the 1 sec before much better. Still not great but it worked out much better

• Why dont you change the title to

“Yet another complaint against feints with nothing new to add”

and then change the content to link one of the other 99 feint complaint threads

• @elitenoob:

Why dont you change the title to

Why dont you just say “I dont have anything constructive to add to the thread. so i will resort to personal attacks to look superior”

• @boomandvibe:

Why dont you just say “I dont have anything constructive to add to the thread. so i will resort to personal attacks to look superior”

Oh I have a forum stalker thats cute

• @elitenoob:

@boomandvibe:

Oh I have a forum stalker thats cute

haha you couldn’t come up with a better come back?

• @elitenoob:

If it is “yet another complaint against feint”, with 99 other complaint thread about feints, then there IS an issue with feint.
    There are good duels, but the most are decided from BUGS. If the duel is blessed and no bug appears, the one who feints the most wins. To counter than you either try to react to that which is almost not possible or you spam attacks. But that my dear friend would involve absolutely no skill.

I also find sad that our lastest patch added sooo goddamn many bugs and glitches, there is pretty much always 1 bug/glitch happening in duels.
    Just last round. EVERY DUEL I had came with bugs. Animation suddenly speed up. Ghost strike. Parry doesent work whereas their hit go thru. Players teleporting. And the best one -> (was a lot stronger in last patch) You attack first, enemy follows up with an attack shorty after, yet he hits first. Both same weapons. Even in beta this game was a damn lot more stable than now. I dont know what the devs did but they did incredible wrong. In beta I had fights which did last over 10 sec . It was INCREDIBLE engaging.
    Now we got bugs and glitches which makes the fight go max 3 sec. This is absolutely horrible.
    This is happening now since the last two months. Am I supposed to live and enjoy these kind of bugs? The devs did absolutely nothing to even attempt to hotfix some things. Hell, even 1 dev is able to fix at least 1 thing. Chivalry is not a complex mmo

• @theuprising:

…. A game is in a very bad competitive state when unskilled players can topple more skilled players via game mechanics.

Then they weren’t very skilled in the first place. What a lame argument.

Game Mechanics = The Game…. this is true for every game in existence. So if you have a group of players who know the game mechanics inside and out and played it long enough to do so, against players who don’t know it very well and keep getting beat… who are the skilled players again?

If you have a hard time determine if someone is going to feint, you have multiple options:

• Get a Shield
    • Kick them
    • Duck
    • Feint Them
    • Be Aggressive

Among others.

Figure it out. It’s funny how before the Patch, Feinting never seemed to be a big issue and for the minority that complained about it, the majority chalked it up to being a part of the game. Now suddenly all these people keep coming in to complain and complain about it.

I have no idea what changed before and after the patch regarding feints, as to me, everything seems exactly the same as before.

@tomahawku:

With rng I mean trying to parry a hit.
    To me its like this: Either he feints or he wont. There are 2 things you can do:
    1. Attack (Your enemy wants to hit you, but feints. Luckily you attacked earlier)
    2. Parry (Your enemy wants to hit you, but feints. Sadly, you parry too early and take a hit)
    So you NEED to do one of the following, but knowing if its a feint or not takes a damn lot skill. And the most dont have that.

4. Or you can kick / shield bash them, which would interrupt both a feint or attack.

3. Or you can Duck and get around & behind them for a very easy hit.

5. Or you can use a Shield.

6. Or you can do nothing and just stand there taking the eventual hit.

Among other possible actions you can take. The fact that you only think you have two options to choose from (Parry/Block or Attack) is probably why you are not doing so well anymore, due to being pretty predictable.

Maybe the reason why I don’t seem to have any issues with people using feints is because I use a number of tactics, I am not as predictable and to restrict myself to just two options.

I used to and I eventually figured out that if I didn’t expand on what I was doing, I was going to continue to get chewed up.

The only kind of Feint I have issues with now are when someone M1 Feints followed by Alt Swing Attack, as I turn to block/parry the feint on one side, and expose my side for the alt swing.

It’s annoying, but I’m not about to blame the game or game mechanics… that to me is a very legit tactic and I just need to learn to counter it or react faster.

I don’t complain about challenges, I strive to counter them. It’d be nice to see more players do this… yet complaining seems to be the go-to thing these days.

Killed someone with around 2500 kills and 60 deaths (damn great score)
    Killed him after the second round with heavy feints and flames be being a noob
    Im not saying every feint works, but late ms feints and combo feints pretty often do the job, unless you got a brutal slow weapon like maul
    I cannot predict each weapons feint. Especially 1h.
    The bugs like faster animations/ghost attacks trick me into another feint or simply the attacks hit thru.
    What I mean with this is simply that feint is too easy to promote a player. Even the bad.
    I usually dont feint. But if I happen to die 1 round due to heavy feints, I counter the next round by doing the same. Now its nothing about skill, but whoever abuses it better.
    I just hate that. The parry system needs a rework. I liked the 1 sec before much better. Still not great but it worked out much better

For me, I don’t try and predict the weapon, I predict the player using the weapon. If I know them to be prone to spamming whatever, such as feints, I have several counter tactics at my disposal to stop them before they can actually spam feint.

But I’m not against any sort of change.

**I can see feints being changed to one of the following:

• Cool Down Timer after each Feint Similar to Kicks
    • Heavy Stamina Drain Per Feint
    • Both**

@boomandvibe:

@elitenoob:

There was no Personal Attack in his post.

If anything, he attacked the post, not the poster… a post/thread/topic that is indeed, not new.

However, your post attacked the poster and made claims about his intentions and looking “Superior”

Just pointing that out. ;)

• @tomahawku:

If it is “yet another complaint against feint”, with 99 other complaint thread about feints, then there IS an issue with feint.
    There are good duels, but the most are decided from BUGS. If the duel is blessed and no bug appears, the one who feints the most wins. To counter than you either try to react to that which is almost not possible or you spam attacks. But that my dear friend would involve absolutely no skill.

I also find sad that our lastest patch added sooo goddamn many bugs and glitches, there is pretty much always 1 bug/glitch happening in duels.
    Just last round. EVERY DUEL I had came with bugs. Animation suddenly speed up. Ghost strike. Parry doesent work whereas their hit go thru. Players teleporting. And the best one -> (was a lot stronger in last patch) You attack first, enemy follows up with an attack shorty after, yet he hits first. Both same weapons. Even in beta this game was a damn lot more stable than now. I dont know what the devs did but they did incredible wrong. In beta I had fights which did last over 10 sec . It was INCREDIBLE engaging.
    Now we got bugs and glitches which makes the fight go max 3 sec. This is absolutely horrible.
    This is happening now since the last two months. Am I supposed to live and enjoy these kind of bugs? The devs did absolutely nothing to even attempt to hotfix some things. Hell, even 1 dev is able to fix at least 1 thing. Chivalry is not a complex mmo

I’m just curious, what are your system specs?

Experiencing that many bugs as often as you do and in just about every match (as you claim) seems very odd.

The reason why I say this and wondering about your specs is because I have never experienced a Ghost Swing, all my Parries and Blocks work exactly as intended every single time, my hits hit exactly as intended every time.

The only time I ever experienced teleporting players was when their ping was excessively high and everybody else on the server notice it as well. The things you described seem to reek of an excessive ping issue, either by yourself or the players you play against.

Either that or these bugs stem from a possible issue with your specific graphics card or CPU (Unreal Engine Games do rely a lot on the CPU over GPU’s) ~ I’m not saying you have a crap computer, but that there could be an issue with your specific CPU or GPU that the devs need to patch.

I’m also asking because I see so many people come in here complaining about these kinds of bugs, while at the same time many players like myself who never experienced them at all (or very little)…. thus not everybody has the same experiences as you, nor I… which leaves me to conclude it could be either a problem with specific hardware communicating with the game or a specific connection/modem issue.

For me personally, the last Patch fixed a lot more problems then it created and the only real problem I had after the patch was getting used to the new weapon traits from what I was used to, But I figured that all out quickly.