Over the back parry

• I think it would be cool to have a parry that goes over your back to block attacks coming from your back. You could potentially pull off sweet moves.

• This already happens a bit. It’s when you use an attack where your weapon tracer/point hits them in their parry state on their screen. Sort of like if you used an overhead on them, your weapon point goes over their shoulder and onto their screen and they manage to parry you with their back to you.

It’s rarely intentional.

• Yes, we could also include eyes in the back of our heads! :)

• @DokB:

This already happens a bit. It’s when you use an attack where your weapon tracer/point hits them in their parry state on their screen. Sort of like if you used an overhead on them, your weapon point goes over their shoulder and onto their screen and they manage to parry you with their back to you.

It’s rarely intentional.

You know that is not what Im talking about. Over the back parry would be some really fun cool-to-look-at move that could well get you killed because you are not looking.

You pick either the front parry or the back parry, never both and this will encourage more hectice footwork that is cool to look at instead of two people doing a slow version of fencing.

• Leaning back and parrying blocks an overhead from pretty much any side.

Why is this necessary when you can easily just spin around before parrying?

• @NabsterHax:

Leaning back and parrying blocks an overhead from pretty much any side.

Why is this necessary when you can easily just spin around before parrying?

Because I want to turn and run and kite and be able to block.

• @boomandvibe:

@DokB:

This already happens a bit. It’s when you use an attack where your weapon tracer/point hits them in their parry state on their screen. Sort of like if you used an overhead on them, your weapon point goes over their shoulder and onto their screen and they manage to parry you with their back to you.

It’s rarely intentional.

You know that is not what Im talking about. Over the back parry would be some really fun cool-to-look-at move that could well get you killed because you are not looking.

You pick either the front parry or the back parry, never both and this will encourage more hectice footwork that is cool to look at instead of two people doing a slow version of fencing.

Well apart from being unrealistic (and downright impossible for Knights to perform in restricting, full plate armor) and making things overly complicated for complications sakes, then I suppose it could be cool to see.

• @DokB:

@boomandvibe:

@DokB:

It’s rarely intentional.

Well apart from being unrealistic (and downright impossible for Knights to perform in restricting, full plate armor) and making things overly complicated for complications sakes, then I suppose it could be cool to see.

Since when was realism taken into account in Chivalry? Dagger blocking maul, swords slashing right through armor and groups of people, list goes on. Please don’t talk about realism. It’s silly.

• I think it would be cool to have a parry that goes over your back to block attacks coming from your back. You could potentially pull off sweet moves.

Actually you couldn’t - to use it efficiently you’d also have to know when to parry an attack at your back and you can’t know it without being able to look behind you without turning. It’s very hard to model “proper” combat when you don’t have weight, two legs, two arms and head, each capable to move separatively.

• @Holy.Death:

I think it would be cool to have a parry that goes over your back to block attacks coming from your back. You could potentially pull off sweet moves.

Actually you couldn’t - to use it efficiently you’d also have to know when to parry an attack at your back and you can’t know it without being able to look behind you without turning. It’s very hard to model “proper” combat when you don’t have weight, two legs, two arms and head, each capable to move separatively.

That’s the point. You cant know if you are going to block or not but if you do it looks phenomal. You never kite or something? Back parry would be super useful for kiting.

• I like the idea, countless times you face multiple opponents and you know someone is going to hit you on the back. Spinning around takes too much time compared to Alt+RMB say.

Heroes do it in movies, I think it would be pretty cool - just like the crouch, very satisfying when it works.

• Movies are just the worst place to learn anything…
    Anyway,
    It is possible just wear a shield on your back…
    I’ve seen people block attacks infront with the shield on their back too. They bend over and crouch like they are trying to sniff the mud off the ground and attacks just bounce right off their back. Its most amusing, but not very effective for well place slashes or stabs. Good for over heads and funny to boot.

• Back mounted shields only block arrows, they don’t block attacks. Those people are just ducking under the attacks, which is a much more awesome defensive maneuver than being able to parry behind your back. I find this suggestion quite silly.

• Next time i’ll take a screen shot…or now that i have a new rig i could fraps it i guess. I’m sure you could hear the sound of the weapon hitting the shield. Could just be my imagination coupled with the fact that my javelins were bouncing off this guys maneuver when i was throwing them at him :D