The Sling

• i think that the sling is underpowered as hell.
    i mean it take like 25 shots to kill a knight because u miss often and its so weak u need to hit som eone like 5 times in the body .
    back i the times romans actualy could one shot evn vanguards.
    you can look some videos were the look how strong a sling is if used right and its nearly as strong as a 9mm pistol.
    it even can go thru car doors.
    its awkward how weak the sling (and my english) is.
    please make it stronger :)

• The description says the longer you hold it, the more damage it does. I dunno’ if that’s true or not.

• @degunator123:

i think that the sling is underpowered as hell.
    i mean it take like 25 shots to kill a knight because u miss often and its so weak u need to hit som eone like 5 times in the body .
    back i the times romans actualy could one shot evn vanguards.
    you can look some videos were the look how strong a sling is if used right and its nearly as strong as a 9mm pistol.
    it even can go thru car doors.
    its awkward how weak the sling (and my english) is.
    please make it stronger :)

Someone made a thread like this before complaining about it, and I’m just going to say the same thing, with the same type of thread so…yeah.

Basically, I think of the slingshot as more of a tactical weapon, it’s not a hard hitter like the xbow/warbow per say. If you’re a good meleeing archer, than the sling is a weapon for you! I’d use the sling for tactical purposes only to chip off as much of their HP as possible, and if they get close enough, melee stab the hell out of them.

• @SOC:

The description says the longer you hold it, the more damage it does. I dunno’ if that’s true or not.

I believe it is true. Sling can 2 shot knights, its total OP because Slygoat said so.

• Honestly, all the new weapons they added in the patch suck. Lol

• @brewergamer:

Honestly, all the new weapons they added in the patch suck. Lol

This^ :evil:

• @brewergamer:

QS isn’t bad, but does need a range buff. Polehammer needs a damage buff, but is ok. Flails are pretty good. So really mainly the sling sucks, but none of the patch weapons are extraordinary.

• Sling should do aoe damage around who it hits.

Think ricocheting; perhaps slightly less damage for bounces.

Or make it a projectile that can bounce and ricochet around walls.

• If the sling would release it’s rock (?) right when you let go of lmb it woulnd’t be as bad. I understand that this would make the animation get cut, but right now I can’t stand to use it because I am not 100% when it is going to actually fire.

• @Coaster_Man:

If the sling would release it’s rock (?) right when you let go of lmb it woulnd’t be as bad. I understand that this would make the animation get cut, but right now I can’t stand to use it because I am not 100% when it is going to actually fire.

You do have to wind it up a little bit. If you could just spam a rock every second with quick throws, with infinite ammo, it would get pretty ridiculous.

• I see the sling as more of the machine gun of the archer class, similar to the shortbow. It doesn’t do much damage, it’s more of a support weapon, getting interrupts on the enemy can literally shift the whole course of the battle, believe me i’ve sunk a good amount of time into seriously playing sling archer, I find it to be innefective if your aim isn’t good, but if you manage to consistently get hits you can make battles stupidly easy for your teammates to win with all the interrupts. Combined with the high range and damage (if you can dance around your enemy) of the cudgel, you can do some real harm to the enemy. Honestly I think it needs a speed boost, at the moment you won’t be getting over five kills or more than ten kill assists with the sling, unless you have amazing aim and timing. I’d also like for it to be a melee weapon as well, swinging the sling and hitting the enemy with it should do like five damage and interrupt their attack, somewhat like the dagger. The other new weapons are pretty bad to be honest. Quarterstaff needs more range or a damage boost, right now it’s only good for duels. Polehammer needs more damage. Flails need a damn heater shield, and NEED to be harder to block.

• That’s not what I mean. I know it has “draw time” just like a bow, however when you finishing drawing a bow, you can hold down the arrow, then when you release lmb it fires instantly. However on the sling, after it’s fully prepped to shoot and you release lmb, it takes a little bit of time before it gets shot.

• @Tankcommander:

@brewergamer:

QS isn’t bad, but does need a range buff. Polehammer needs a damage buff, but is ok. Flails are pretty good. So really mainly the sling sucks, but none of the patch weapons are extraordinary.

Lol, what are you talking about? Flails are fucking terrible.