Omg best idea ever

• hey guys i just had an awsome idea about close combat.
    wouldnnt it be cool if when you are at face hugging distance and press e a sort of quicktime event would start?
    for example when you have a dagger and stand behind some one and press e you would throw him on the ground and like try pushing the dagger in the opponent.
    he of course would hold ur arms.
    and then both persons would need to rapidly press e and the one who presses less would get the dagger in the face.
    of course insta kill.
    or like holding a vanguards spear and start like kicking him in the balls or fisting each other (wait what?).
    or like trying to strangle him when you are with fists.
    tell me ur thaughts and tell other kind of ideas how is could look like.

• UAyh23l1mx4

• no…no…no…
    No quicktime events :?

• NO! No quick time events!!
    Your idea is bad and you should feel bad!!!

• Yeah…no. The only thing I would root for with any type of animation like this, are what some people would call “Killmoves” to finish off your opponent if you think your badass enough to have the time too and get away with it, or if you even want too.

• @degunator123:

fisting each other

that’s all I heard.

• Well… no one is a fan of quick-time events, but I kind of liked the image I got in my head of two vanguards wrestling in the mud. I think most of the time in medieval warfare, people had a lot of contact with their enemy, looking like wrestling or boxing matches + sword and armour. In Chivalry, it’s pretty much just sparring. But you know, it doesn’t aim to be super realistic warfare simulator. Because no one is attacking in formations in this game, either. Or use shield walls. Or archers firing in volleys. People are kind of just looking out for themselves.

Anyways.

It would be cool and immersive and all that to see two fronts clash, and you see a few comrades get into a snuggle struggle with the enemy, falling to the ground, rolling around in the mud, trying to get a knife in their eye slits. It would look cool, indeed. But imagine how easy targets they both would be. Mason Vanguard is face down in the mud, Agathian Knight ready to… penetrate… but forgot that this is the frontline, and a couple of Mason Knights greet his face with warhammers.

• Mudwrestling?

While I would have no qualms considering it quite an enjoyable and thoroughly manly passtime, I cannot but harbour certain amount of doubts whether it would really fit into the spirit and topic of this game.

• omg worst idea ever

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Mudwrestling?

While I would have no qualms considering it quite an enjoyable and thoroughly manly passtime, I cannot but harbour certain amount of doubts whether it would really fit into the spirit and topic of this game.

+1 I want this implemented, NOW!