The tip of the weapon

• As we all know you need to block the tip of a weapon in order to block/parry the attack. My question is: why not block any part of the blade (other weapons are sepecific) to block/parry it? In FPP you can’t always see where your enemy is going to attack so sometimes an attack is going through your block/parry because the attack animation wasn’t clear or weapon of the enemy was long (like zweihander).

I don’t have problems with axes, because they aren’t straight, but in case of swords this is counter-intuitive and empowers face-hugging style of combat. Another problem is how it bypasses cover like shield (it also passes through parries, but I’ve heard they fixed it in beta) - to hit an enemy using a shield you shouldn’t be able to use swing, but overhead and better footwork OR attack from an alternate swing attacks IF you aren’t so close to the enemy that you’d still hit his shield.

I do see people who are using longer weapons quite well, they maintain their distance as they should and use it in combination with their attack’s speed. I think making shields (buckler, kite, heater) destructable and give maces and axes additional damage to shields would to well to counter-balance the shielder’s invulnerability (also improved kick), it’d also give knights and option to use a flail.

Of course, this is just a bunch of my thoughts, but I want to hear the thoughts of the community on the matter: what to change (if anything at all), how to change, how complex, etc. I know we won’t change the world, but maybe we’ll get some nice idea it’ll be incorporated into the base game and make it better.

• It’s not really the tip, that is just a general advice where the block should be 100 % successful (although it is not). Pretty much any part of the weapon from the middle to the tip should be enough but there are some large exceptions.

1. Bug concerning 1H weapons that allows them to get through the blocks somehow, but that should be fixed in the next patch. Blocking 1H weapons in the middle of the blade pretty often does not suffice while blocking 2H weapons to the third of the blade closer to their wielder is totally fine.

2. Issue concerning some pole weapons that allows them to hit you instantly after the windup phase with the other end of the pole (that would normally do no damage).

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

1. Issue concerning some pole weapons that allows them to hit you instantly after the windup phase with the other end of the pole (that would normally do no damage).

Is this mainly demonstrated by the Bardiche? I often see people get hit much before the damage should begin to take effect, visually.

• Yep, I believe most of the comments here would tell you that it’s mainly the problem of the bardiche and my personal experience confirms that. I am not sure about the other polearms because I don’t tend to get in so close but their hit tracer start seems to be quite similar.

• It works well with any of the polearms, but the bardiche dishes out the most damage on an overhead. Makes you remember the hurt a little more.