UK based beta testing server

• There appears to be a shortage of EU beta servers, hence we are setting up one of our servers for the purpose. As it is just an 11 man server we thought that FFA would be the best way to go.

Some of you may be aware of my technical illiteracy and will realise that I personally haven’t got a clue how to set these things up. Suffice to say that someone is in the process of dealing with this now. If anyone has any questions please refer to the Beta Server thread on our site and someone will get back to you. In the same token, let us know if there are any particular maps, or game formats that need testing.

The server details will be on our site shortly… there is a link in my signature.

• Cheers :) We’ll definitely have some official EU servers for the next beta, since it’ll be focused more on combat and gameplay changes, and we recognize the need to have the best players from both regions giving feedback on that.

• @Reginhard:

There appears to be a shortage of EU beta servers, hence we are setting up one of our servers for the purpose. As it is just an 11 man server we thought that FFA would be the best way to go.

Some of you may be aware of my technical illiteracy and will realise that I personally haven’t got a clue how to set these things up. Suffice to say that someone is in the process of dealing with this now. If anyone has any questions please refer to the Beta Server thread on our site and someone will get back to you. In the same token, let us know if there are any particular maps, or game formats that need testing.

The server details will be on our site shortly… there is a link in my signature.

Thanks for your help!

And if they need help setting it up, info is here:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9102

• Slight technical hitch, basically I’m as much use as a tree shrew when it comes to this stuff. We are just waiting for a competent server admin and we will have this up and running in no time.

• OK; apparently this is easier said than done. It looks like we need to talk to Clanforge tomorrow so bear with us.

Also; if anyone has set up beta on a Clanforge server, a how to would be most appreciated.

• @SlyGoat:

Cheers :) We’ll definitely have some official EU servers for the next beta, since it’ll be focused more on combat and gameplay changes, and we recognize the need to have the best players from both regions giving feedback on that.

Same lies for the past 3 patches (a lot of betas) including this one… :-|

• Right then: Clanforge will be making a separate profile for the beta game (thank you Elliott Waterman -point of contact if anyone else needs to talk to them), best estimate is a week or so. Once they have set this up Clanforge server users will be able to switch profiles.

Not much help with the current lack of EU beta servers but at least it is a future fix.

• @MarkedOne:

@SlyGoat:

Cheers :) We’ll definitely have some official EU servers for the next beta, since it’ll be focused more on combat and gameplay changes, and we recognize the need to have the best players from both regions giving feedback on that.

Please don’t make such comments about the integrity of Torn Banner.

Atleast not until they come back from PAX in a week to read them

! and then delay the patch a month.

• @KILLBANDS:

@MarkedOne:

@SlyGoat:

Please don’t make such comments about the integrity of Torn Banner.

Atleast not until they come back from PAX in a week to read them

! and then delay the patch a month.

You shouldn’t let your passion get in the way towards TB when we talk about integrity. Lies are lies even it is an indie company making a good game, and i have no respect for lies.

Are you naive enough to think that they haven’t read anything about EU beta servers before?

They read it numereous times and they said, there will definately be an EU beta server in the next beta even on the patch before content update 1. Which makes how many betas? 6,7? It has been months. They wrote about server browser getting fixed in every single patchnote. Is it fixed? No. I am talking about months here. There is no need to lie if you can’t or won’t.

I appreciate good things that TB did, I respect hardwork from time to time, but not this. Please have some awareness on this case.

• There are so few people that actually get on to the Beta I dont think a Euro server would help much anyway. But Austrailians should get their own server.

• @MarkedOne:

You shouldn’t let your passion get in the way towards TB when we talk about integrity. Lies are lies even it is an indie company making a good game, and i have no respect for lies.

Are you naive enough to think that they haven’t read anything about EU beta servers before?

They read it numereous times and they said, there will definately be an EU beta server in the next beta even on the patch before content update 1. Which makes how many betas? 6,7? It has been months. They wrote about server browser getting fixed in every single patchnote. Is it fixed? No. I am talking about months here. There is no need to lie if you can’t or won’t.

I appreciate good things that TB did, I respect hardwork from time to time, but not this. Please have some awareness on this case.

I’m sorry you missed the pisstake overtone in my post and joke with the spoiler. Yes it’s bullshit we have no beta server even after having to wait 2months for a FIX not a content update for CU1.

• I’m not totally sure that I’m following this thread; it takes a phone call to Clanforge to get them to generate a profile for the beta game and a few quid to set up as many EU beta servers as you like and TB haven’t sussed this out for themselves? Nah! there must be some other reason why TB haven’t set up EU based beta servers… please God there is.

• Speaking of Beta servers…where is your server or any server in general?

Still having issues (or am I too stupid to read?) or why can I only find a single server with a 220+ ping? :(

I’d put one up by myself by 6000 DSL is just way too poor of a connection to host a server with decent pings for more than 5 people.

• Yep; you needed to read this…

@Reginhard:

Right then: Clanforge will be making a separate profile for the beta game (thank you Elliott Waterman -point of contact if anyone else needs to talk to them), best estimate is a week or so. Once they have set this up Clanforge server users will be able to switch profiles.

Not much help with the current lack of EU beta servers but at least it is a future fix.

• Screw Europe. Canadia ftw!

• Well shit. :-/

• @Daiyuki:

Screw Europe. Canadia ftw!

truth

[NSFW] http://yarr.me/c/25/6/real-canadian-beaver.jpg

• Nothing back from Clanforge as yet; tut tut Elliott Waterman, still what with PAX and Easter…

We will chase them next week. Once they have set up a beta game profile this will be easy.

• Oh well; I tried but…

Clanforge

….We have began by setting up new test servers, starting in Amsterdam. I will try to get more servers up based around Europe if you wish. At the moment, we cannot offer these servers for public use as it can be unstable and we do not support testing builds of servers for customers at this time.

Also every update we would have to manually patch your machine and anyone else’s machine which can take time. This may change soon in the future though for Chivalry Beta, just at this time I cannot help you with setting up your server for this. Sorry I couldn’t help you out but I hope this helps people out who wish to play beta in Europe :)…

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.