Sudden increase in camera speed

• Since you pretty much have to do 90 degree blocking for 1h (goddamn this is annoying), I sometimes get INCREDIBLE high camera speed when I get hit or parry. Means that looking 90 degree is pretty damn hard when and sometimes I get like a 180/360 spin just for moving my mouse a tiny bit.
    Its utterly annoying, and sure its not my problem as this also happen to my enemies when I fight them with a 1h (suddenly they show me the back and try to parry from all side as he doesent know what just happened)
    Another thing, is flinch still bugged? How is it even possible to do a combo attack and still get hit from the enemy? Example: I attack first and hit the enemy. Then I want to follow up with combo attack, but right before that moment the enemy makes the first hit. This also happens quite often. Doesent matter if 1h/2h (but more on 1h)
    How is that possible? Its totaly absurd. Is it possible to spam attack to get a quicker hit than your enemys combo attack? I manage to do this quite often with warhammer

• I don’t really mind almost 90 degree blocking. Blocking a facehuggers is the last thing he expects. And if ou combo off te parry you can easily damage him and get the upper hand.

• @lemonater47:

And if ou combo off te parry you can easily damage him and get the upper hand.

What he means is this:
    Player A attacks player B, who does not block.
    Player A then continues to attack again, with a combo.
    Player B attacks Player A before he can combo.

I think there must be a problem when the attacked player isn’t flinching, or for long enough. I remember comboing against someone with the Grand Mace and they hit me before I could hit them for the second time. I know it’s a two-handed mace and is therefore slower than many weapons, but I should be able to combo before they hit me, especially when it’s the Grand Mace, not the Maul.

• @Coaster_Man:

@lemonater47:

And if ou combo off te parry you can easily damage him and get the upper hand.

What he means is this:
    Player A attacks player B, who does not block.
    Player A then continues to attack again, with a combo.
    Player B attacks Player A before he can combo.

I think there must be a problem when the attacked player isn’t flinching, or for long enough. I remember comboing against someone with the Grand Mace and they hit me before I could hit them for the second time. I know it’s a two-handed mace and is therefore slower than many weapons, but I should be able to combo before they hit me, especially when it’s the Grand Mace, not the Maul.

Exactly, people are able to hit me (real fast) when i try to combo.
    Either they didnt take a flinch or not long enough, like you said

• Hey OP, this happens to me all the time but it’s our own fault to be honest. We have our mouse sensitivity too high. We are used to it normally, but it always happens in sort of heated situations.

When you actually are swinging your weapon, the mouse speed slows down considerably while you are swinging making it more controllable for aim and drags. Since your sensitivity is quite high, what most likely happens is during your fight you are swithing between swinging and not swinging. While you are swinging, you get used to the speed of turning your body… but when not swinging, that speed gets thrown off because now it’s your normal look around speed.

Happens to me all the time but what can ya do, its our own fault its happening. I’ve also tried turnging my speed down, but unfortunately, i like mine where it’s at.

What also used to happen is my DPI buttons are right below the scroll wheel, and also, below the scroll wheel theres still a part of my mouses rmb that can be activated right under the scroll wheel. So while playing chivalry, i’m constantly either accidentlaly feinting by hitting my RMB, or my sensitivity would go berzerk because i hit the dpi button on accident. Usually after an overhand because i scroll DOWN… towards those buttons lol… which sucks lol. I also don’t know if i can get used to using different buttons rather than the scroll wheel to poke and OH with.

I’m guessing the way they design some mouses needs to change. You don’t put an activatable area of RMB UNDER the scroll wheel, too many accidents. Also, fuck the dpi switches… i don’t need them on my mouse. I can program my DPI to the highest setting, and then i just leave it at that… people that need some fast switch dpi button, idk why or who uses that personally because i never use it. I am always at MAX DPI and then i adjust sensi in game.

My old mouse, and my new mouse alike cause me a lot of these issues in game, but i’m liking my new mouse a lot so it’ll just be something i gotta watch out for and get used to.

• @clayton-bigsby:

[Good explanation]

It may be also be an actual bug, since it seems like sometimes the capped mouse speed just doesn’t register. There was something posted to that effect when blocking with shields, but it seems like sometimes I can easily do a 180-stab and sometimes the sword just refuses to move more than like 45 degrees, same settings.

• i don’t think while you are parrying or blocking with a shield that the sensitivity slowdown happens. I think while blocking/parrying, your full mouse speed is in effect. This is why particularly i miss more parries this way than attacks. Not positive though.

• It could be my fault, but it feels much more like abug.
    The speed is MUCH faster than usual. I turn a very little and yet I get 180 spin, or sometimes even 360 while doing parry/block or after a flinch

• i think it just feels that way. in your mind, you are preparing to move your mouse as you would while you are in the process of swinging. Then in the heat of the moment, to get the parry, you are using that same mouse speed which is super fast again. I don’t know if it as being a bug, i don’t see it happen to anyone that doesn’t use a crazy high DPI like mine.

I also actually don’t have my in-game sensitivity that high either, my DPI is all the way up… but the in-game sensitivity is between 18-20 for me, idk what number most people go with honestly. I just go with what feels right, and sometimes i have to adjust day to day depending on how shitty i’m playing with my current sensitivity lol.

I find that in this game, i have so many different mindsets like sometimes i’m super on point, my aim is perfect, i dont do accidental mouse sensitivity 360 panic parries and all that… and sometimes i just plain suck.

• Woah woah woah.
    Its 100% a bug. Just 1 minute ago I had a duel against a grand Mace.
    I got hit (he used lmb) and I DIDNT move my mouse. I got turned 180 degree for no reason. If would move my mouse I maybe would get those 360 as stated above.
    100% a flinch bug or something