Help the video makers

• this game is diffrent and beatiful and much like other games, people like to make video of gameplay and montages. now the problem of making those videos being edited up nicely is that there is no way of having a nice shots without someone who helps you and even then it’s very hard (unless you have mad editing skills and awesome softwares)

so my idea is
    first of all when you in spectate you should have the option on how fast the camera moves.
    another idea is to have an option when you are in 3rd person view you can watch from the side or from the front when pressing a key (like pressing the letter K and be able with the mouse watching wherever you want while you keep your same derection) and when you leave that key you will return to the defualt derection.
    a diffrent way to make the option to look around is when you pressing a key the character will countine with his movement no matter what you will do (untill you press it again) and then you can move with your mouse and have nice screen shots (if you pressing it and move the mouse to the right side and then press it again you will still see from the right side untill you fix it yourself to the derection you want).
    and it can also help by not needing to turn the whole body around just to see if there is an enemy behind you or where is the archer that shooting at you.

please excuse me for the poor grammer and spelling, english isnt my first language.

comment your thoughts of what i wrote and if there is another way, or a way to improve my suggestions please let me know.

• This would be great. If you look on Youtube, there aren’t many montages or cinematics that are ‘well-made’ for Chivalry and that’s a real shame. Even though it’s limited, there are still some things you could do to make a decent cinematic.

The ‘H’ and ‘U’ keys were great as ‘H’ turned off pointers and objectives while ‘U’ turned off the crosshair.

Go to ‘Configuration > Input’ and turn the chat off.

This is probably not the best option, but buy a console controller. Their thumbsticks allow for smooth panning and dolly movements.

In spectating mode, you can hold ‘S’ against a wall to slow the camera’s movement. You can get the same effect by holding ‘CTRL’ on the ground.

Also, try not to make the killfeed visible in your cinematic. That’s probably all the advice I could give to you…

Though not the best, here is a cinematic that I made a few months ago.

cIL7o9sV3vo

• Developer

switchtoobsevermode 2 will get you a smooth camera for spectator. There are some other camera commands for speed and accel/deccel but I don’t know them off the top of my head.

• @Matti:

In spectating mode, you can hold ‘S’ against a wall to slow the camera’s movement. You can get the same effect by holding ‘CTRL’ on the ground.cIL7o9sV3vo

thanks for the advices and i loved the video but what i think that should be added, is a way to do what you said ^^ only you can do it everywhere and not needing a wall or ground (in the map moor there is no wall and the ground is changing it’s shape all the time and making extremly hard)

• @Yoaw:

@Matti:

In spectating mode, you can hold ‘S’ against a wall to slow the camera’s movement. You can get the same effect by holding ‘CTRL’ on the ground.

thanks for the advices and i loved the video but what i think that should be added, is a way to do what you said ^^ only you can do it everywhere and not needing a wall or ground (in the map moor there is no wall and the ground is changing it’s shape all the time and making extremly hard)

Hold spacebar. You will eventually get high enough that your camera stops moving upwards, but if you keep holding spacebar you get a nice slow, smooth movement. On the Arena map this distance is like… 14 feet off the ground, so you can get some nice controlled shots.

Togglehud is a good console command to know as well, or you can join a game, hit Return instead of selecting a team and have a completely naked camera, no killfeed, no name displays, no chat, etc.

• @Daiyuki:

Togglehud is a good console command to know as well, or you can join a game, hit Return instead of selecting a team and have a completely naked camera, no killfeed, no name displays, no chat, etc.

thanks never thought about that ^^.

but still the spacebar will only work on the arena and there are a lot of other maps that cant use this technique.