Team objective cinematic in end of round

• after winning a team objective round there are thoes 5-10 sec when the imgie freeze and in the top of the screen it typed who won so i think that a cinematic part can be nice in thoes seconds.

for example in battleground after you explod the gate and the round is over there should be a video of agatha attacker kill a mason gaurd while in the backround the other agatha team is raiding the city.

and in stonehill after the mason kills the king show a cinematic of mason killing the king and standing next to his body with a sword stuck in his stomach or something like that.

and on hill side show a cinematic of a ship burning and sinking.

comment your thoughts

• Cinematics are hard work. Like, really really hard.

• In the Stonehill, instead of the sword on the dead king.

Have the Mason knight holding severed head of the Agatha King, stepping on the king’s headless body and shout.

“WE HAVE THE KING’S HEAD!”

Afterward, real of the Mason does the victory cry.

'YEAAAAAARGH!"
    “FOR THE ORDER!”

Because it is pretty common in medieval, cutting off the head of the leader and claim victory.

• @Daiyuki:

Cinematics are hard work. Like, really really hard.

what do you mean?

• Cinematics are repetitive and they will start to get really annoying after you’ve seen them once or twice before.

• @Yoaw:

@Daiyuki:

what do you mean?

To make. They don’t just fall out of someone’s ass. If you mean in-engine cutscenes, that’s more doable, but as in FMV cinematics, that’s really hard work.

• @Matti:

Cinematics are repetitive and they will start to get really annoying after you’ve seen them once or twice before.

it will be better then just see your body for 10 rounds it will add depth to the game (etleast my opion)

• Maybe they could do like a short summary of the game, the best moments, e.g. breaking the gate, killing the King or the best moments the current player had.

Not sure with cinematics though, I do believe aswell that they will become slightly annoying after a while.
    Also, nicely rendered cutscenish cinematics take a lot of time to make.
    Would fit a single player game, but this is an Indie-Team and they got more important things to do, like bugfixing, balancing and of course NEW CONTENT! :p

I loved the intro cinematic of Age of Chivalry though. Was nicely made and made you want to bash some heads in. ;)

• @Daiyuki:

Depends on how you do it.

• @Yoaw:

it will be better then just see your body for 10 rounds it will add depth to the game (etleast my opion)

I guess… Only if it shows the objective being completed, e.g. The gate being blown out or a castle half collapsing.

• @Sir:

@Daiyuki:

Depends on how you do it.

@Daiyuki:

[…] If you mean in-engine cutscenes, that’s more doable, but as in FMV cinematics, that’s really hard work.

True

• Oh god, a Macbeth style cinematic of Mason Victory Stoneshill would be great. You see a Mason Vanguard sprinting through the garden with the kings head on a pike and then you see them parading it around the Stoneshill ramparts while the castle/village burns.

It’s a great idea for the future I reckon. Some comedic value could also be included in some of the cinematic. Like if Agatha win on Citadel and they are dragging the corpse of Malric out to the front steps, you see them cheering then the volcano suddenly starts to erupt violently and you see the Agathian’s all suddenly begin running down the steps and for their lives as ash and volcanic rock falls from the sky.

• I think it would be better if the losing team dropped their weapons and the other team could kill them for those last 25 seconds. While the losing team runs and hides.

• @lemonater47:

I think it would be better if the losing team dropped their weapons and the other team could kill them for those last 25 seconds. While the losing team runs and hides.

this could be good if you will use it for the TDM but for TO you need something connected and fresh.

i think that when having thoes cinematic you should be able to watch at the score screen also,
    or have some time for the score screen and some time for the cinematic.

• @DokB:

Oh god, a Macbeth style cinematic of Mason Victory Stoneshill would be great. You see a Mason Vanguard sprinting through the garden with the kings head on a pike and then you see them parading it around the Stoneshill ramparts while the castle/village burns.

It’s a great idea for the future I reckon. Some comedic value could also be included in some of the cinematic. Like if Agatha win on Citadel and they are dragging the corpse of Malric out to the front steps, you see them cheering then the volcano suddenly starts to erupt violently and you see the Agathian’s all suddenly begin running down the steps and for their lives as ash and volcanic rock falls from the sky.

Yeah, those are good ones! :D I’d love to see that one for Citadel, like you said, they are cheering and dragging out the fallen king’s corpse. Maybe someone in charge starts holding a speech, four seconds in it gets disrupted by the volcano, the camera zooms in on it behind him and then you see everyone running for it. Last thing the knight does though, as everyone is fleeing, is chopping off Malric’s head and bringing it with him.

@Yoaw:

i think that when having thoes cinematic you should be able to watch at the score screen also,
    or have some time for the score screen and some time for the cinematic.

Yes, that’s a good idea! Because you would want to see the scoreboards as well, so there’s just the option to click away the scoreboard if you wish to see the cinematic instead. Or like you said, first some scores, then a a little cinematic (if they are made short enough before next map loads.)