Sensitivity

• What sensitivity do you guys use? I always thought it was my mouse being wonky but apparently during attacks or parries the game automatically reduces your sensitivity. Which pretty much gets you killed by guys running around you after an attack/parry when you use a sensitivity that’s 5% of the sensitivity bar. Actually, would raising sensitivity actually bypass the issue or is the block/parry sensitivity value imposed on top (rather than reducing the original value by a % figure)?

• I’m high sense gamer since like forever. In any FPS i have played only about 3 cm mouse drag for full 360° acceleration always off. I do know that has advantages and disadvantages, so no need for lecture.

In years of attending lans i’ve mostly seen pro gamers being low/mid sensers, some even useing half of meter drags.

• Max

• I can’t stand anything but the highest for this game, and even then I wish it would go higher.

• Sensitivity means nothing without knowing DPI. You could have 1 sensitivity but 20000 DPI and still have a higher overall sensitivity than someone with ‘Max’ and 1000 DPI. You can actually set a higher sensitivity than what the game allows, just edit it through the config file; alternatively, increase your mouse’s DPI if it allows it.

Actually, would raising sensitivity actually bypass the issue or is the block/parry sensitivity value imposed on top (rather than reducing the original value by a % figure)?

No, turn limiters use game units, completely separate to sensitivity and everything else.

• Hence you can just say what it takes for 360° to avoid complicating with various datas.

• @Martin:

Sensitivity means nothing without knowing DPI. You could have 1 sensitivity but 20000 DPI and still have a higher overall sensitivity than someone with ‘Max’ and 1000 DPI. You can actually set a higher sensitivity than what the game allows, just edit it through the config file; alternatively, increase your mouse’s DPI if it allows it.

Actually, would raising sensitivity actually bypass the issue or is the block/parry sensitivity value imposed on top (rather than reducing the original value by a % figure)?

No, turn limiters use game units, completely separate to sensitivity and everything else.

You use the term “limiter” so what i’m experiencing right now is the very maximum movement speed? Because i’m moving the reticule at the same speed as when I don’t block and i notice a huge change in move speed, which means i’m already hitting the limit.

But how is it that folks on youtube videos can move their block so quickly?

I assume it’s a mixture of both: a % decrease in sensitivity as well as a hard cap in terms of game units.

• @hamster:

What sensitivity do you guys use? I always thought it was my mouse being wonky but apparently during attacks or parries the game automatically reduces your sensitivity. Which pretty much gets you killed by guys running around you after an attack/parry when you use a sensitivity that’s 5% of the sensitivity bar. Actually, would raising sensitivity actually bypass the issue or is the block/parry sensitivity value imposed on top (rather than reducing the original value by a % figure)?

I don’t know. But I do know that I increased the sensitivity and checked mouse smoothness the other day. I play way better now, I forgot to adjust it after the new patch when my settings reset and I was getting owned.

my mouse is 2k dpi but I still needed to double-triple the sensitivity in game