i’ve tried all the fixes in all post and i still get nothing! going on 3 days without playing… wtf!
Posts made by 5150
RE: Great computer, horrible performance
YOU CAN TRY THIS… I FOUND IN ANOTHER FORUM
Driver sweeper has been known to remove important chipset files which will result in errors such as instability. Some users have reported that the sweeper software removes “False positives” and may cause the user issues when trying to install software such as drivers. The error usually reports that an .ini file is damaged. Over long term use of driver sweeper, it could cause several underlying issues which will do more harm than good.
This guide is an alternative, which removes all the files and registry entries that need to be removed for a successful uninstall. This is useful for upgrading/downgrading drivers or switching to another brand of card.
Do not use this guide if you have an AMD CPU/Motherboard as you may destroy required chipset files.
1. Go to Add/Remove Programs
2. Uninstall the Catalyst Install manager (Express Uninstall)
3. Reboot the computer and log back into windows as normal
4. Go to folder options and select “show hidden files and folders”
The next part of the guide will remove all ATi/AMD files and folders from the computer.
5. Go to your C drive and remove the “AMD” folder
6. Double click the “Program Data” folder (Normally hidden) and remove all ATi/AMD folders
7. Go back to C and double click “Program Files” and remove all ATi/AMD folders
8. Go back to C and double click “Program Files (x86)” and remove all ATi/AMD folders
9. Go back to C and double click “Users”
10. Access the name of your windows profile and double click “AppData” (Normally hidden)
11. Check the “Local”, “LocalLow” and “Roaming” folders for any ATi/AMD folders and remove them.
12. Go back to “Users” and check the “Default” folder (Normally hidden)
13. Double click “AppData” (Normally hidden)
14. Check the “Local” and “Roaming” folders for any ATi/AMD folders and remove them.
The next part of the guide will remove registry entries left by the AMD drivers.
15. Close everything down and go back to your desktop
16. Click start, then type “regedit”.
17. Click “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” and extend the folder
18. Click “Software” and extend the folder
19. Remove all AMD and ATi Folders
20. Click “Wow6432Node” and extend the folder (Within the software folder)
21. Remove the “AMD” folder
22. Click “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and extend the folder
23. Click “SOFTWARE” and extend the folder
24. Remove all AMD and ATi Folders
25. Click “Wow6432Node” and extend the folder
26. Remove all AMD and ATi Folders
27. Click “HKEY_USERS” and extend the folder
28. Click “.DEFAULT” and extend the folder
29. Click “Software” and extend the folder
30. Remove all AMD and ATi folders
31. Click “S-1-5-18” and extend the folder
32. Click “Software” and extend the folder
33. Remove all AMD and ATi folders
34. Click “S-1-5-21-1632250243-966907716-928185508-1000” and extend the folder
35. Click “Software” and extend the folder
36. Remove all AMD and ATi Folders
37. Close down regedit and empty your recycle bin
38. Undo the folder options change to hide the hidden folders
40. Install your AMD/Nvidia drivers and reboot
(Remember, if you look in some of the folders mentioned in this guide but don’t have any AMD/ATi folders, just move to the next appropriate step. This means the uninstall option has removed such files for you. But as we know, the uninstaller still leaves a lot of things behind)
RE: [SOLVED] Game crashes after splash screen
everything is good now… I fixed the issue by using steam to VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE… it did find one error and it fixed it and then tried to open game again… it did the initial setup again and after that it didn’t crash any more. thank you for the quick response and help.
[SOLVED] Game crashes after splash screen
been playing the game since beta. just recently I’ve been getting the first time setup install of the game… you know when you first download a game from steam… and you open it, it has to install essential files and it has 3 steps… well that is what i get. I’ve been getting this for about 3 weeks and i press INSTALL button… it doesn’t install at all and the game opens and i play… now the same routine today and it finally goes through with the install and now it crashes after loading the slash screen.
P.S. I do have quad core, ATI HD 6870. I mention again i was playing fine before this.