Awesome stuff =O
Posts made by Daiyuki
RE: Please fix the game already?
All of your points are rubbish and sound like typical noob complaints about game mechanics.
1. The kick only stuns if he had his shield actively blocking, it’s entirely possible to avoid the stun by releasing RMB. If he did get stunned, you need to attack immediately or yes, he might be able to get a last-second block in regardless.
2. I don’t even know what this means. You can kick and then block, yes.
3. What is a “lean forward auto stab”? My guess is you mean a stab riposte is hitting you very quickly. A riposte is essentially comboing an attack immediately off a parry, which cuts down the windup time of the attack. As a tradeoff for the increased speed, the attack cannot be feinted.
4. Crouch, lean back and block. This blocks behind you.
5. The stages of attacks are Windup -> Release -> Recovery. Only release does damage, windup and recovery will see your sword just swing harmlessly through someone.
RE: -UPW- Friendly scrim looking for more clans to come.
Aww, cool =] As far as “friendly scrims” go, you should also get in contact with Lapu so that you’re informed when random Pick Up Group games are happening. Basically scrims with whoever wants to play, often made up of a few members of various clans. Less organization required, still good fun and competition.
RE: Buff Longsword, or Nerf Messer?
Give it 1 damage on overheads and reduce slash damage by 2. SoW remains faster, shorter, less readable while Longsword would remain slightly more draggable, slightly longer with more obvious attacks, but they’d have the same HTK with their “main” attack.
I don’t see why normalizing the HTK would be a problem, the difference between SoW and LS should be that subtle range difference and the preference of overhead vs stab. Right now, the HTK difference kills Longsword, who’s only advantage is that it can one-shot Archers with an overhead headshot, which is extremely niche (even more so due to pavise shields).
RE: Belmez Burn the granary
Get closer is what I’ve determined. Usually you’ll go down the stairway at the back, the sweet spot is the platform halfway down those stairs. I’ve had the same problem with the wagons on Castle Assault, just get closer and it works properly.
RE: MSI GS270
I have the GT70 Dominator (http://ca.msi.com/product/nb/GT70_2QD2292US_Dominator.html#hero-overview) and it’s a great laptop. Runs Chiv at about 30 FPS because the game is optimized along the lines of a turd with some shoe polish on it, but I like it. Bit heavy, Windows 8 is annoying as hell, but it’s certainly not lacking performance.
RE: Why are so many TO maps broken now?
These issues are being caused by a mismatch of server vs client map information. It will be fixed in the next upcoming patch, please bare with us.
You won’t be getting any nudes of me, thank you very much
bear with us*