Average of 10
Posts made by Gauntlet
RE: Release Build Feedback
Another argument for the teamdamage thing is the huge advantage that gives facehugging in a 1vX. I’ve been in fights where I’ve been focusing on a super aggressive Vyp wildly swinging at me, to have a Tauant axe stab through her and kill me when my block was down. That’s not how things should be done imo.
This is entirely the problem with the current model. It was an issue in Chivalry, and continues to be an issue. If someone can propose a counter argument I’d like to read it, this discussion would be very welcome.
I rarely if ever hit a teammate by accident. If I do so, I do so with intent (he is in my way // I can score an easy kill). This should not be the thought process of a player.
Release Build Feedback
Apologies for the rough draft outline. These are some notes I took while playing, and not a lot of it could be condensed into sections as the issues I’ve run into are small but all over the spectrum from mild nuisances to gameplay inconsistencies. This is from the perspective of someone with 3k hours of Chivalry, and about 300 hours of Mirage from Alpha.
- Dying after the Victory screen appears counts towards your total deaths.
- Idle kick should not be active during “pre-game”. I launch a server and alt-tab to try and kickstart a player population but will be booted for inactivity. Idle kick should ONLY occur when that player is taking a slot on a team / the server is full.
- Getting hit by non-flinch projectiles during release prevents you from combo parrying or combo feint to parrying. Getting hit during release does not put you back to idle to allow a parry if there was more than one attack thrown at you during this time.
• If you are hit during release you should be able to parry again immediately.
- Players can enter the spawn area where the enemy team gets a countdown warning w/ the flag on CTF, making it extremely difficult to retrieve.
- Low health red glowing outline // sound muffling // heartbeat are all really intrusive. Getting to that point is almost guaranteed death because of the amount of visuoaudio clutter.
- Too many maps have the camera spectator start outside the map boundaries, and be unable to move. This is very unpolished and feels bad for the player.
- End of round takes far too long. By stopping the action (freezing players) you’re forcing everyone to look at a scoreboard screen which for many players heralds an exit from the match. So if it has to be this way, speed the process up! 30 seconds is too long.
- Projectiles tend to react far too immediately to environmental objects. Ex: I fire a tinker hookshot at a player, and try to curve it around a corner. The projectile itself is not very close to the corner as I’m curving it, but then it kind of skips to the corner as if it connected.
• Players flinched by obelisk can still attack, despite taking damage. I’m not sure if it’s because they’re parrying it and riposting and it’s showing a flinch animation first, but something is going on here.
• Obelisk if activated at the time in which it expires, will expire despite being activated. It would make more sense that if activated it would complete the explosion instead of disappating mid-animation.
• Spawning obelisks off the edge of the map in courtyard works like it does in Spire. I like this a lot! However if you fall a certain distance below the map and try it, the obelisk will spawn in the kill zone. In order to save myself, I’d rather have it spawn in the air below my feet, when I am in the process of falling.
- Alchemancer melee needs a rework.
• He can hit trade w/ his attacks which goes against FHF.
• His sword spawning and particle animations can be very blinding for the attacker, including his parry animation.
• The parry animation hides ripostes because the borders of the glow mask the windup animation of the stab attack.
• Having a weapon spawn (instead of a physical weapon) makes it hard to determine his reach for both the user and defender, because there is no visual reference.
• The sword looks lame! Would love a nice steel shortsword in place of the current plastic looking sword.
• His attacks are far too slow, even w/ the melee variant.
- Ability interactions.
• Taurant whirlwind creates gamble situations. Often the first part of the swing will miss, but the follow up will be in range to hit. The whirlwind should only have one twirl, and the player camera should spin w/ it. Creates a sense of immersion and is more predictable than the current double spin model.
• Attempting a leap slam out of a stasis will cause you to fall to the ground w/o lifting you into the air. Considering that you can wall jump into a leap slam, this seems incongruent from how the ability normally operates.
- Attacks that intersect friendly teammates player meshes should stop the weapon release. A team hit should NEVER continue through a friendly player.
• Creates blendering play styles when in team fights, with teammates swinging through each other to hit enemies.
• Hitting through friendly players is very effective (only 25% team damage for the potential 100% damage on enemy hit). Please reconsider stopping the release tracers from continuing when friendly players are struck. A team-hit should act as a minor deflect, like hitting a world object.
- ○ De-incentivizes team hitting (no potential reward).
○ Provides more opportunities for survival in 1vX (using enemy players for strategic positioning).
- ○ De-incentivizes team hitting (no potential reward).