I wanted to start a thread of features that the community wants in-game, specifically so it could out-perform Mordhau. We all know Mordhau is king right now and many people believe that Chiv 2 is already dead on arrival. I don’t mean to put down Mordhau (great game, I love it), but it is lacking in key areas and I want the community to bring to Torn Banner their best ideas of how Chiv 2 could compete with Mordhau in the ways we care about.
Addressing first the elephant in the room - yes, it is bad form to release on the Epic Store. That said, it sounds like they already have a contract, it was able to give them more $ to develop and release the game earlier, and so on. It’s completely useless to request that they don’t do this, we should instead request actual features we want in-game.
So here are my feature requests:
- Triple down on the crazy hitbox mechanics. It’s not a bug, it’s a feature. These are NOT in Mordhau and are a great way to stand out for melee-players seeking a high skill-oriented game
- Keep the voice acting 100% silly. Chiv 1’s voice acting is still way funnier than Mordhau’s today
- A destructible environment. Craters in the ground and holes in the walls from catapults. Fire. The more particle-based and fine-grained, the better
- Interactive worlds: movable siege machines, ladders to carry and place, ropes & climbing hooks, shovels to dig trenches @warelephant
- Dedicated siege mode (including destructible multi-tiered walls)
- 128-person maps
- Better map balancing (Mordhau is pretty bad at this, but it will get better over time)
- Squads mechanics, maybe on certain mapmodes
- FFA front and center as a dedicated mapmode. Mordhau does not do this - the “deathmatch” (FFA) servers are all duel servers
- Map editor, with tutorials & documentation. Great for replay value and keeping the community involved @warelephant
- Linux support @rk4n3
- 5v5 / 6v6 mapmodes for more highly focused competitive play @Knifelegs (squad mechanics applicable)
- Stats, stats, stats - and more stats! @Retsnom
- More classes, but keep the og 4 @Park0urDavid
Those are my requests. I really do want this game to succeed and compete with Mordhau. Post your feature requests here, let’s make Chiv 2 a great game!
NOTE: I will add the (imho) best ideas from the comments to the list up here so they’re sticky at the top, creds given