Hit detection is client-sided.
Which is like the best thing ever when the server freezes up. Run around dishing out as many headshots as possible while waiting for the server to kick back to life. Then see everyone freak out because you popped 7 heads in a second.
How about smoothing out the maps on all those stupid spots you get stuck on, especially right out of the spawn. Can you make it a little easier to get up steps, always getting stuck on the bottom of those things. Bring back kick when it actually worked just fine. Fix butt parries. Do a proper archer nerf that everyone BUT archers have been calling for the past year plus.
Agree with all of this. So many stuck spots, have $50 riding on the fact they won’t get fixed for another 3 months. That said, might compile a list of screenshots if TBS is interested in proving me wrong any time soon.
Regarding kicks, bringing back the original kick would be great. Fast kick serves no purpose other than bringing fights closer to asthmatic tradefests, and they’re too unreliable to use to punish feints, so whatever.
Butt parries… I don’t know where to stand on these. Yeah sure they’re annoying, but against a lot of VG weapons, you kind of have to turn around to see the tip of their weapon when it starts inside you. Not sure if the ol’ leanback 180 parry counts as a pure butt parry though.
And archers actually want archers nerfed, don’t know where you’ve been getting your info from. If they made the class fundamentally harder to play the skill gap between genuinely good archers and mediocre archers would become more apparent, while reducing the overall impact the class has in pubs exponentially. Nerfing warbow broads was a huge mistake, ended up buffing good archers, plain and simple.
Might as well add my own gripes to the list of bugs/issues as well:
- CFtP breaks when hit by a projectile
- Flinch animation still plays when hit by projectile
- Flinch animation overrides other animations, masking attacks etc.
- CFtP with shield bugs out often, immediately dropping the shield as soon as you go to block.
- Inconsistencies with 1P and 3P animations/tracers matching up, leading to Killer Elbow Syndrome.
- Handle hits. Please remove them from swords. Nothing more annoying than waiting to catch a zwei/messer OH only to eat the hit early because lolhandle, especially if the grande macerino and flail can’t have them.
- The 45 degree combo stab. You know the one. Thing is legit angled at 45 degrees and a foot or two away but still hits. GS and LS are big ones for it, probably falls into the desync category though.
- Overall weapon balance needs some tweaks. Seeing some updates to combo times would make me moist indeed.
Also map balance needs addressing, might be worth looking into before the big tournament to avoid salt overdose.