Hello again everyone,
Still playing the game and enjoying myself. Seeing as my last thread was fairly well recieved, I figured I would do a similar thread for all of the changes seen in the first content update.
- Firstly, the server browser. Much cleaner and clearer now, well done guys. When I first started playing, I had no idea how to dcipher the game modes. Thanks for that.
- I’ve been hearing that the new 20 second timer on the refresh feature is causing people some woe.
- Another team objective map woo! And this looks just as well fleshed out as its predecessors, awesome. Fun to play, looks great.
- As has been said before, the first objective is kind of annoying for th attacker, the walk up is long and actually getting to use the ballistas is quite difficult. Perhaps make th e wall take fewer ballista shots, otherwise objectives seem fairly balanced.
- Duel mode was an excellent idea, and you even made a big line up of excellent maps for it. Very well done. Interface is good, maps are good, mode is good.
-10 wins to “win” is a bit awkward, it encourages you to speed through duels. Perhaps make it like ffa where most wins at the time limit “wins” straight up.
- New weapons too! Lots of new content, which is great, and all of them actually feel unqiue, which is even better.
-From what I’ve used, the sling feels pretty much inferior to the shortbow. QS feels good, fast, long duel hander for MAA. Not much experience with other two, but having heard arguments both ways, they seem alright. Also, adding more variants to these weapons like the others have would do a lot to make them feel more complete.
- Old maps retooled for other gamemodes and other new maps added. Who can complain here?
- Elevators in their current state feel fairly buggy. Players floating on them, falling through them etc.
Kick/shield changes: Honestly, I never used them much before, but now that they’re slower, but a stronger counter to shield, I feel like there might be a better reason to use them now. But hey, I’m no pro so…
- Stagger seem to trigger when stamina isn’t empty sometimes. Liekly a bug.
- Kick changes: Pretty indifferent to the 10% requirment increase, added information is quite good though.
- Vetrancy is not working at all I’m afraid, sad to see that this is the case.
Overall I’m quite astonished at the amount of new content in this update, and I’m even more astonished that no one seems to be talking about it!
Should have had the free weekend this weekend tbh. With all of this added stuff, you guys should be trumpeting it from the rooftops!
Excitied to see where you guys go from here, although now feels like a good time to work on a polish patch instead of trying to cram yet more new content in. Just my opinion.