As far as I can tell, the syntax itself is fine is fine (if you’ve seen anything in particular, please let me know - at the moment though everything seems to run fine). However, there is definitely a problem with the way that the program is being launched. Basically, by redirecting output from UDK.exe to a log file, it causes wineconsole to launch and hog the CPU at 100%; running without a log file works normally, but script messages get a little lost amongst everything else. I’ll edit the script above to remove it, in case anyone ever plans on making use of it.
I’m pretty sure that bash does have a case statement, but I wasn’t really planning on doing anything else with this as I’m looking for a much more robust solution now, whether one that’s already been created or one that I end up making myself. I already had plans to put together a little RCon tool, so maybe I could integrate it with that.
In terms of the ports, I’m not sure. I didn’t think it made a difference, but I’ll have a look around to see if it there’s any truth in that (to get this up and running, I just looked at a few examples of what other people were doing with their port/query port setting and a lot of them have the former in the 7000s and the latter in the 27000s).
What I’ve learned from this experience so far is that running Chivalry on Linux is not as smooth a process as I thought it was after getting it running at the first attempt. :P