I’m busy trying to familiarise myself with the editor in order to make such a zombie mod, probably won’t get very far though.
- Co-op survival mode. Limit players to 5-6.
- Players respawn at the start of each round/wave. Health/ammo is only regenerated at the start of each round.
- Zombies would be modified from the peasant model, or maybe a vanguard reskinned with bloodied peasant clothes. Slow punch animation.
- Common zombies would be very slow moving and tough.
- “Spitter”-type zombie that spits a bile at an area (modified firebomb) to discourage camping.
- Maybe something along the lines of weapon durability, so e.g. a zweihander will only last about 30 kills before you have to find a new weapon. Weapons to spawn randomly around the map to force players to move around.
- A modification of the crossbowman’s shield to use as a barricade in choke points.
- Possible objective would be to keep a king/queen alive as they wander around the map.
- Alternative game mode: Zombies spawn in ever increasing amounts, when a player dies they respawn as a zombie. Last player alive wins.
My biggest concern is how many zombies the game would be able to support, and if the AI can be tweaked to make them use less resources. Since it’s a UDK game, maybe we can get the AI scrips from the swarm game mode in UT2004?