Alright Miller - the level is updated with new objectives. I’m going to figure some things out and see if this can happen.
Posts made by Sir
RE: [WIP] Fortification map contest - Malric's Forbode
A few areas before the castle that struck me as odd were:
1. The tree root at the beginning spawn gets in the way of your character’s path
2. Wooden ramp in cave - very tricky to climb up
3. On the bridge after getting up the ramp, there’s a plank sticking up that you can’t walk over, requires jump.
4. The steps into the house you have, you can’t go up (if you scaled the house model strangely, you can actually turn off collision of it, then put collision boxes on it + ‘hidden’ meshes that have good “ramp” collision")
5. I was able to climb out of the level at the Mason gate (1st obj)
6. The mason gate/castle entrance was floating off the ground
7. Idk if this is final but the lava upscaled so much (and moving so fast) looks more bad than it does good. I know the lava is limited in the game, but it’s possible to add the lava material to water if you can figure that out.
8. Idk if this is final either, but try avoiding upscaling anything that was small (firepits) - build a fire pit instead with the fire emitter + rocks. It’ll look much nicer.
9. A catapult didn’t work
10. Another catapult (first one I found) was in a ramp, and couldn’t shoot)
Lighting Build Error
So I’m having an issue building lighting in the editor (32 bit and 64 bit both won’t work). I had made a level before with the editor from the beta, and building lighting in that editor works for content I made a while back.
However, I need to be making a level in the editor for the game itself (launched from the game). The beta editor can’t load my level from the game editor, so that’s not a solution.
Here’s a screenshot of what I get after I build lighting.
Yes I have a lightmass, I even tried building lighting from a pre-existing level, and I get the same error:
It’s really frustrating me, because I’ve worked in UDK for several years now, and don’t get what’s going on…
Anyone know what I can do to check on this?
RE: [WIP] Fortification Contest Level - Camelot
hey im probably most excited about this map any news on when the in-game screenshots will be available?
I’m glad you’re excited! I am still working out the Whitebox stage, so things are still pretty ugly. Next week I might have some areas visually done for screenshots, so you can get an idea. Is that what you want? Or do you want to see my whitebox shots? hah
RE: [WIP] Contest entry - Stonehold siege - Take 2
Are the agathians and Masons ALWAYS spawning from those two spots? It might be good to have progressing spawn points as the objectives occur. Maybe I’m missing that…?
RE: [WIP] Fortification Map Contest - AOCTO-PigAssault_p
This little piggy didn’t go to the store…this little piggy ate a bunch of knights.