- Build the game around skill, with high level competitive play in mind.
Posts made by SpawnAgain44
RE: Chivalry 2 Idea Thread!
- Historically accurate designs for armor and weapons.
- Ability to save many different loadouts.
- Keybinds for each type/direction of attack.
(Right overhead, right strike, right upwards strike, left upwards strike, left strike, left overhead, right stab, left stab, modifier: switch attack side, etc.)
- Maybe include options for controlling attack type/direction using mouse movement direction or character movement direction.
Also, maybe try to work closely with experienced Chivalry/Mordhau players to polish combat.
RE: THANK YOU FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT
Feinting is an important part of many fighting games. It’s used in HEMA too. It shouldn’t be seen as an issue or something dishonorable. Games need the added depth that feints give IMO. You probably need to accept feints and learn to play with them.
If you don’t like how feints work in Chivalry 1 for example, there are ways for the game devs to balance them. Maybe suggest changes to the mechanic instead of its removal.