A what? Huh? Must be a bug…
Hiya, I've been an environment artist with Torn Banner since 2011. I mostly make bushes and trees… oh and grass. My claim to fame is having made HordeTown and Crypts, they may not be perfect but they were all me (well other than the groundwork for horde being laid down by Tibbsy)
Posts made by Tyler
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 46
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 46
A new patch is now available for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.
This patch adds a quartet of new Workshop items created by artist Oilystool, and donated for free to Chivalry players - as a way for the prolific Chivalry content creator to give back to the community. Follow the Chivalry Community on Steam to unlock the following items:
- Myrmidon, a Javelin replacement for the Archer.
- The Milanese, a Quarterstaff replacement for the Man-at-arms.
- Headhunter, a Messer replacement for the Knight.
- Cold Spectre, a Greatsword replacement for the Vanguard.
The patch also addresses the following fixes.
Added the Royal Squad helm, a helmet replacement for the Agatha Archer by Ni Huishenme (part of the Royal Squad set).
Removed console command exploits
Decreased range of “kick” action
Added customization options to Mercenary Roundshield by Oilystool
Removed all collision from a couple foliage meshes that blocked weapons
- Irilla: fixed two points bugs: Masons no longer get endless points until you die if you were in the trebuchet volume when the trebuchet objective is completed. Can no longer use the ram after the second door is destroyed, thus getting endless free points.
- Stoneshill village FFA/TDM: made the gate to the castle with no collision a feature, not a bug! Gate is now visibly open. Fixed a broken blocking volume on top of a village house.
- Hillside: “defend the ballista”/“destroy ships” hud markers stuck off in the distance removed.
- Colosseum: side gate with potentially no collision fixed.
- Belmez: added double check to fix potential issue where spawn points don’t change after the barn is burnt.
- Citadel: fixed collision issue on broken bridge mesh which was breaking firepots.
- Drunken Bazaar: smoothed over collision on rubble immediately under bridge crank. Set final area peasants to non-moving so they stop wandering off the balcony. Added kill volumes off the balcony to prevent map escaping out that-a-way. Removed sticky spot on a rock along the push path.
- Darkforest: further blocked off a roof in the final area that should be inaccessible
- Belmez: fixed invisible spawn boat.
- Castle Assault: removed access to a map exploit by walking on some cliffs in the river near the first objective.
- Castle assault duel: moved spawn points outside of the inaccessible rooms
- Shore: minor collision improvement on arch near first Agatha spawn.
- Hideout: stuck spot behind a pillar jumping down to the breakable gate
- Coldfront: that one floating torch. Siege weapons are disabled after second objective completes. Replaced the bots on the docks that usually go completely unnoticed with simple animated peasants. Blocked gate from being able to be hit from the rear.
- Outpost: added extra collision to tree trunks that could be hidden in.
Added Coldfront2 experimental variant
RE: Where are you Torn Banner?
If you can’t give a hint, at least pop up and say hi
Hey, what’s up. How’ve you been, man?
RE: Official FFA server #1 - AUS "server failed to redirect to Steam SocketsURL"
Sorry about that, got it sorted, server works again.
RE: Major exploit on Hideout
There is a blocking volume preventing getting into that Mason spawn in workshop version of Hideout, TBS removed it/changed it last time they patched Hideout that is why people can get in again (I think).
The exit was partly blocked by it, I forget exactly what the change was but it was largely in the name of better ease of getting out of the spawn. Seemed to remain un-enterable but I guess devs just aren’t good enough at sploiting maps to find these issues.
In any case things in this thread will be fixed for next patch, targetting beta build before the weekend.
RE: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 39 Beta
Just some stuff I noticed on Hideout (beta version):
Overall nice changes, but it is way too bright in the cave right now :/
I made a last minute change the brightness, instantly regretted it after the build was made. And yeah I noticed some of those errors, again after the build was made - not sure what happened but will be sure it’s all cleared up before the next build is made.
Why not? We have a goat set,lion set,chicken set,splattered pigeon…soon to add a squid set, so why not a rat?
Wont be long until someone makes a skinned cat on a helm for a MAA or something brilliant like that :)…but I am already working on that set and will be the first one to put it out…
Someone needs to make a wooden cow set that you’re only allowed to wear if you hide in a corner of the map.
RE: No Mercy.
After messing around for too long I think it boiled down to one or two of the spawn points just not being cooperative and needing to be deleted and remade. That and I might have made the team switching work worse… but I also made it better now. One of the other problems was being able to spawn late and show up in the wrong spawn because it was changing after level reset (after you spawn) rather than LTS round end before you spawn.
Yada yada, I think all the spawning issues should be fixed for patch 39.
Patch 39 when?