So? Maul LMB spam will swing twice when other weapons can swing 4-5 times. It’s hardly spamming.
All weapons can do a maximum of 3 swings in a combo. So your point is irrelevant.
I’m talking about swing speed, not how many combos you can do. Learn to read.
I never had trouble fighting a knight. It’s just 1 more attack than other classes.
You didn’t specify swing speed and you’d be stupid to try and interrupt a swinging mace as the window too is very small which will cause you to trade blows with a knight (which again you wouldn’t do against someone who is welding a high dmg 2h).
Clearly your reference to “1 more attack” is from a 2h or high dmg 1h pov.
Lets be clear here, what you want is to be OP as it doesn’t "make sense) especially against 1h users or archer class. Nice example for you:
I play jav thrower, to kill a knight with a maul I have too:
1. Land 2 jav’s in knights face (thrown). Most knights will carry a shield to close distance)
2. Land 3 jav’s in knights body (thrown). Most knights will carry a shield to close distance)
3. Stab you 4 times with jav, OR
4. Stab you 5 times with shortsword/dagger
while blocking, fienting and countering even though your recovery time from a swing gives you time to block all attacks with the slow swing speed. Plus if you miss a swing and go for a combo there is not enough time to land the interrupt even on the slow weapons without trading the blow.
Now knights turn:
1. Get close to me (tbh it’s easy as your run speed is so close to archers that it’s almost meaningless)
2. Land a single Mace hit. So if jav misses a single interrupt or block, dodge, thrust then jav dead.
3. Do a single exchange blow so that 0.1-0.2 sec window to interupt with a hit misses either way.
and on top you want the ability to not allow us to block with 1h’s as well?
Sure, add it in… but I want a massive recovery time for maul swings, for stabs/throws to gaps in armor to deal unmitigated bonus damage and jav throws to your face to instant kill you as it bloody well should anyway.